Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album List sorting (Read 1595 times) previous topic - next topic

Album List sorting

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Foobar2k and I can't seem to figure out how to sort things how I'd like in the Album List. Here's a screenshot:

http://www.midkay.net/foobar.png

Currently, albums in the Album List are sorted by date, ascending. As a result, when you click on an artist in the Album List, it appears in the Library Viewer Selection playlist sorted by year, ascending, as well. I want to sort the opposite way - by year descending, so newest stuff is always on top in the Album List and the Library Viewer Selection playlist. Is there a way to do this? I've been searching for days.

Thanks,
Zakk

Album List sorting

Reply #1
I'm afraid no.

The album list is always sorted by what is displayed in ascending order, and items sent to the selection playlist use the same order.

Other than displaying something like $num($sub(2009,%date%),4) instead or in front of the actual year, there is no way.