Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error in 1.4b8 (Read 2551 times) previous topic - next topic

Error in 1.4b8

Hi

I have an error with 1.4.b8 i thought about writing but i think the video will be better, my OS is win10pro 1709 build: 16299.248
Url to video i valid for 30 days
https://ufile.io/pig35

Thx for help
Pawel

Re: Error in 1.4b8

Reply #1
Your foobar2000 install is missing the new "runtime" directory with Universal CRT files. It's required now as the exe loads it from the subdirectory. This was done to get cleaner program directory.

Reply #4
... the new "runtime" directory with Universal CRT files. ... the exe loads it from the subdirectory. This was done to get cleaner program directory.
Does that also mean that the file "msvcp140.dll" in the foobar2000 program directory can be removed?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #5
Does that also mean that the file "msvcp140.dll" in the foobar2000 program directory can be removed?
There are currently two Visual C runtime files there, the one you mentioned and "vcruntime140.dll". I tested putting these to the runtime directory too but the program fails to start with that change.

In the earlier 1.4 betas no runtime files were extracted on non-portable install if the system already had a valid system-wide installation present. Now with the manifest change that forces having the UCRT bundled I felt it's unnecessary to do any checks for these two files. They don't take much space and don't litter the directory horribly. Removing them causes no harm as long as the system has the appropriate runtime installed.

Reply #6
I don't keep "msvcp140.dll" and "vcruntime140.dll" in f2k directory - have them installed with vc++ packages.
Like "Case" said.
I removed them becouse i like things minimalistic :)