Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting a directory to WavPack including all subfolders (Read 6319 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting a directory to WavPack including all subfolders

I am looking for a possibility to convert the complete content of a main folder to WavPack by starting the wavpack.exe only once. The source files are saved in subfolders of that main directory and in these subfolders I want to have saved the wv files.

Is this possible?

Thank you for any hint.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #1
Hi Robertina.

On Linux you can do something like this to convert large batches of files:
Code: [Select]
wavpack *.wav */*.wav */*/*.wav

On Windows you can't do stuff like that because the WavPack program itself is doing the wildcard expansion. Instead though, you could use some other program to generate a list of all the actual files you want to process, then just specify that file with a '@' prepended:
Code: [Select]
wavpack @filelist.txt

Of course, you could use the command-line batch capability to do this, but you asked about one invocation of wavpack.exe. Note that you won't be able to do any meaningful tagging this way because all files must be the same.

Hope this helps... 

Reply #2
I am on Windows and wavpack @filelist.txt works perfectly. The txt file I can generate easily with foobar2000.

From now on I will use wavpack -mtx @filelist.txt to convert my thousands of sample and loop files to WavPack.

Thank you for providing such a great piece of software and your support.

Reply #3
While at it you could use foobar2000 to convert the files without any detours with creating files. This also preserves metadata/tags if present.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #4
Thank you for your tip, Kohlrabi.

I did so in the past. However now I use wavpack.exe for some reason.