Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_midi (Read 83278 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_midi

Reply #150
How i do that S-YXG50 switch into GS mode? Why foo_midi don't have a option to change to GS/XG/GM2 modes?

Reply #151
Your MIDI files should be doing this automatically. It also has the ability to attach System Exclusive message dumps to your files, which are added on playback.

Reply #152
Yes, but only the GS midi files with the SysEx patch, i know how work it, but i have various GS midi files without the SysEx, and when play them with the S-YXG50 sounds bad (muted variation sounds and a different drum sound, e.g the Metronome Bell sounds as a Open Rimshot instead of the mentioned sound). I tried the sysex dump with my GS reset syx file, but don't work properly, the instruments break and sounds as piano (all program changes reset to 0). You have no thought to made a option to reset the S-YXG50 to GS that works like the Super MUNT GM? I like how sounds GS mode in it.

Reply #153
The only thing I can do to make the S-YXG50 work like a GS instrument is to send a GS reset myself. And that's obviously not working for you.

Reply #154
Works, but in patched midi files. The feature that i say is, to be more specific, e.g Vanbasco and FSMP have a feature that can reset the S-YXG50 to GS, GM2 and by default XG, and the same player send a sysex message to the device. It will be possible that the plugin have that feature? That the plugin send a sysex to the synth as do it Vanbasco and FSMP? Is a feature that i have wished for years for my fav player... foo_midi is awesome but only missing that feature... specially for the S-YXG50 compatibility for play midi files. I hope I don't ask too much ...

Reply #155
I'll look into it. Eventually. But as you said, you sent a reset command to the synthesizer, and it broke all the instrument mappings.

Reply #156
Yes, when tried the sysex dump, but i fixed it removing the dump. How is it done to the sysex dump send a reset message to the midi file instead the synthesizer and play it correctly? I made the GS Reset .syx file myself in a hex editor and i made sure copy well the sysex message.

Reply #157
And I'm telling you, sending that SysEx message before the file plays is the only thing any GS/XG mode switch I add will do. The "Secret Sauce" already does this, but also feeds a delay to the synthesizer and disposes of the output, before starting the file.

Reply #158
And how it is used the Secret Sauce? I viewed it recently in the Advanced settings and ask me for a path (like the VST path configuration), but i don't know what is there to do exactly. Works for S-YXG50?

Reply #159
No, it only works with Sound Canvas VA, and only whitelisted versions.

Reply #160
I set the path for SC-VA and in the plugin window it appears the Secret Sauce options, but is disabled. For what versions works? I have the 1.0.3. The secret sauce is for the SC-VA don't be delayed in the loading when change the song?

Reply #161
You need to set the Secret Sauce path, not the VSTi path. Then you need to close preferences and reopen them.

Reply #162
I done it. Is fantastic! now i can play midi files with the SC-55 mode in foobar. And has XG mode, great! I didn't know that SC-VA had a XG mode. Thanks for that.

Reply #163
Sorry my insistence, but should to consider the idea of a "secret sauce" for S-YXG50... it will be so useful as the SC-VA's "sauce". If you can't, never mind, i settle for the SC-VA's sauce :)

Reply #164
There is no point. The "Secret Sauce" is for using an internal library directly. The S-YXG50 is only available as a VST instrument, so it must be used through the VST interface.

I could make the SysEx initialization a global thing, but it would only benefit VST instruments, the Roland synthesizer, and BASSMIDI. And BASSMIDI's handling of the various standards is very limited.

Reply #165
SysEx initialization refers to the GM(2)/GS/XG selection mode of which i have spoken previously?

Reply #166
Yes. There aren't a whole lot of VST instruments that support more than basic General MIDI, and a whole lot that don't even support that.

Reply #167
I know. Well, in my case i have various VST instruments with GM/GM2 support and additionally GS/XG, besides they are of light size. GM standards is my favorite thing. So, it will be possible that in a next update add that feature?

Reply #168
I don't know if some another user has informed you, but there's another problem with foo_midi to play some midis. When i play the "After Burner - Super Stripe" midi file for example, the instrument mappings breaks (similary thing when the sysex dump is applied) and occurs with VST instruments and BASSMIDI. I will put the midi files for you to check it.

Reply #169
I wish I could just disable multi-port MIDI support, it's been nothing but trouble. Sorry, it's just due to how these MIDI files use port number meta commands.

Reply #170
Hello, i'm using newest version 2.2.11 and try to use Yamaha S-YXG50
I have extract syxg50.dll to foo_midi folder, is foo_midi now support relative path?
I tried
%profile_dir%\user-components\foo_midi\
.\user-components\foo_midi\

Both seems not work, or what's wrong in my type? Thank you.

Reply #171
I'm pretty sure you still have to use absolute paths, and doesn't the SYXG50 depend on some other files? If it supports relative paths it might be relative to foobar2000.exe, I saw something like that when getting the yrw801.rom file for foo_input_vgm.

Reply #172
Oh that's so sad, my foobar is portable so i don't want to paste absolute path.
BTW syxg50.dll is only one dll file and work fine is i use absolute path.
Thanks for your reply.

Reply #173
I was waiting for the new version, and i downloaded it when was launched. But there's a problem... the X flavour on the "Secret Sauce" is now broken (the drums sounds as GS with some pianos). Besides, you didn't add the global SysEx initialization as i expected  :(

Reply #174
2kode54 Hello! help me please, I'm trying to load HALion Sonic 3 but your midi plugin does not see it. HALion Sonic 3 is one of the best advanced VST for playing midi file. and i am very sad about this issue.  thank you for your work.

I already tried, HyperCanvas, Hypersonic, SOUNDCanvas and syxg50, they all works fine.