Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bug/small issue with Opus Converter Preset (Read 3419 times) previous topic - next topic

Bug/small issue with Opus Converter Preset

Select Preset with Opus conversion

Click to Destination

Click Back

List of Presets is empty

This happens only when I select Destination from an Opus preset.

Reply #1
I was unable to reproduce your problem.

I had set up only one Preset, having just freshly installed fb2k 1.2.1 after reinstalling Windows 7 and I set it with Ask Later and Opus VBR 48k.

I tried using Convert/.../ then loading the Preset, then Destination then Back, and everything was fine.

edit: Have just added more presets and still don't see it.
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD

Reply #2
I don't know how many presets you need to make this happen, I didn't try with the foobar2000 version I use, this version is full of presets because I've made it for few friends and relatives.

Screenshots:

Double click the Opus preset

Click Destination

Click Back

* Just tested my version, I have three presets, added Opus and tried to reproduce the problem but I wasn't able to.

Reply #3
Unless there's something that only happens when you have 26 presets, it's hard to guess.

However, I had set up almost 26, and duplicated my Opus 128 vbr preset (with (1), (2), (3) on the end and noticed that a horizontal scrollbar appeared and the last was in a second column. That's not evident on your captures, but I guess it's possible that somehow that there was a rendering error (potentially associated with graphical hardware acceleration)

My presets also include [default] and [last used] which your list omits, so something doesn't quite seem right about your dialogues. I'd have thought that [last used] at least would show up every time.

Reply #4
That's a portable version. I deleted the [last used] preset before compressing the folder/settings.

I can't link the app here because of the proprietary DLLs included, check PM.

Reply #5
That's a portable version. I deleted the [last used] preset before compressing the folder/settings.

I can't link the app here because of the proprietary DLLs included, check PM.

I can confirm that on your portable install the problem is replicated here (Win 7 Pro, 32bit, AMD Turion II Dual-Core)

I then renamed the preset to [lossy] AOpus --vbr 144 and cancelled and reopened to resort the list into the new alphabetical order

It then behaved properly, but the new codec in the same place on the alphabetical list, Ogg Vorbis behaved in the buggy way Opus had before with a blank list after returning.

Having found this out, I tried my non portable install and couldn't replicate. Then again, I haven't deleted the [last used] preset on that version and I don't wish to, as I might not be able to get it back.

I reckon you could do without 2 of the presets, such as many lossless variants and at least work around the issue.

Reply #6
As I said I don't use this version and I don't think anyone I gave it to will ever touch the encoders' settings. I just wanted to let you guys know about it, not big deal for me.

Thanks for checking.

Reply #7
It looks like you're not the only person getting this:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=97928

Can you please send your portable install package to me for further investigation?

Thanks.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #8
Neat bug, the presets are still there, just invisible for some odd reason, you can cycle them with keyboard and the "load" button becomes enabled.

Fixed in 1.2.2.

Reply #9
Yes that was amazing they were all still there! ...and dang that was fast, thanks for the update.

Reply #10
The bug was purely cosmetic it seems, under no condition this possibly leads to saved presets getting lost.