Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI appearance (Read 3273933 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI appearance

Reply #2275
Here's my two cents. I don't like actual columns, because that way if you make the window narrow, a lot of space is wasted, and there's no way to lock only certain columns (like time) from auto-scaling, so they end up either too big or clipped. So I just put all the stuff inside a single column and made additional stuff right-aligned. Nothing fancy here.
The more interesting feature is album name clipping if artist+title is too long. I wish there was a way to make it dependent on column width, but I can't think up any.

Reply #2277
Have you tried 'size weight' at 0 in the columns settings?
Oh, god dang it, so there is a way. My bad.
All those mad hours scripting track length not to move other fields if there's more than three digits were for nothing...

Reply #2279
here is mine, thanks to the panels made by marc and falstaff, it's nice, but i feel like i really weirdly spend my last weekend : )

This layout is nearly perfect if it just wasn't for the small and stretched out album cover in the bottom left corner. Any way to change that to show an unstretched album art?

Reply #2280
here is mine, thanks to the panels made by marc and falstaff, it's nice, but i feel like i really weirdly spend my last weekend : )

This is a really beautiful layout, incredible work I must say. It runs a bit slow on my computer though, but maybe that's normal?

Reply #2281

This is a really beautiful layout, incredible work I must say. It runs a bit slow on my computer though, but maybe that's normal?

On mine as well, actually very slow. How big is your library?
I'm late

Reply #2283
IIRC, falstaff (author of main library scripts) has over 40,000 tracks which he has no problems with.

Reply #2284
IIRC, falstaff (author of main library scripts) has over 40,000 tracks which he has no problems with.

I's asking because mine is over 1 TB with around 150.000 files, and I thought that might be the problem with colagen's config, but since smaller libraries are slow as well it must be something else.
I'm late

Reply #2286
It's a work in progress, but the frame is set...

Update: here's my present setup.

These are the four main panels: the 'now playing', the playlist manager and the ESPlaylist library browsers by artists and by genres:

The main panels switches are now on a vertical left menu and I moved to the bottom bar the basic playing track info as well as the like and unlike buttons.

This is the 'now playing' panel in detail.:

The albumart on the right is displayed by a panel stack splitter function, but marc2003's albumart downloader is always running in the background.
On the left there are a few subpanels with various informations about the current track. Besides the detailed info, lyrics and biography (from marc2003's jscript), there are a few ESplaylist subpanels based on the 'quicksearch for same' command in combination with a simple jscript running in the background (also suggested by marc2003) which query the library in relation to the currently playing track: a sort of similar artists panel which is actually a list of all artists in the library that have tracks tagged with the same genre, the artist discography, the album tracklist and all the tracks in the library with the same title.
I'm late

Reply #2287
I'm sure this looks very nice...if only we were actually able to see the images  8)

Reply #2289
Nope, still nothing. All I see is a grey stop sign symbol.

Reply #2290
I guess the URL has changed after sharing them properly and because I cannot edit my previous post I'll write a new one,

So, the first gif shows the four main panels: now playing track, playlist manager and view, library browse by artist and library browse by genres. Both library browsers are ESplaylist panels.

The second gif shows the now playing subpanels: track info, lyrics, artist bio (marc2003 script), and the ESplaylist quicksearch queries as explained in the above post: artists who play the same genre, artist discography, album tracklist and tracks with the same title.

I'm late

Reply #2291
Here's my config. What do you think?

How do you crop the artist picture to a circle? Is the source image like that or is it cropped with a drawing function?
I'm late

Reply #2292
I released a new modified/modernized version of my DarkOne v4.
Because its just a mod i called it DarkOne4Mod now :)

@davideleo
Gary Numan... great to see another one who still knows him ;)

Reply #2293

On my computer it work really fine, and my library is quite big (30k tracks). But my computer is recent. Maybe you used an out-of-date version of the theme ? You can grab the updated scripts here http://www.deviantart.com/art/Eole-608641604

Reply #2294
This is updated Columns UI config I modded for myself from MonoLiteSlimMod to suit dark Win10 appearance and my needs. ELPlaylist + JScript panel from marc2003 + Library Tree + Peakmeter + Biography script for JScript panel by WilB. All visible icons are made from Win10 Segoe MDL2 Assets fonts. Volume and PBO buttons are hidden (they appear on mouse hover). Background Blur - BoxBlur. I have a version with StackBlur but there was some light margins on blurred image so reverted back to BoxBlur.

Big thanks to marc2003 and WilB for their amazing job!

Reply #2295

This is my most recent layout. I'm only using the sample scrips from the jscript Panel plugin, I just made some small changes to a few of them. The background is black, I just added some transparency to allow my wallpaper to show through a little. Oh and the foobar icon in the top left can be clicked to access file/edit/view/playback/library/help menus. It's simple, but its perfect for me. My next and last modification I will do to this is some form of esplaylist script for the right side there, as long as I can learn to modify it to my liking (as of now I cant get it to ONLY group by album [or directory, since all of my albums are manually sorted into genre/type/albumtitle] It always wants to group by album AND artist [I want 1 group per album  ONLY, regardless of quantity of artists])

Reply #2296
Nice work awx, do you mind sharing your config?

Reply #2297
With Windows 10 foobar won't display the correct font for NG Playlist titles as in this pic.
In Preferences the "Configure" button is disabled for NG Playlist.

Reply #2298

On my computer it work really fine, and my library is quite big (30k tracks). But my computer is recent. Maybe you used an out-of-date version of the theme ? You can grab the updated scripts here http://www.deviantart.com/art/Eole-608641604

I never noticed your answer before, sorry! I just followed the instructions on your deviantart page and it actually works quite fluently, thanks. It is crowded with interesting solutions both functional and graphical. I guess I will "steal" some of them  ;).
I'm late

Reply #2299

User many script from Falstaff, WillB, marc2003. Thank you guys :D