Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUE Ripper next version  (Read 3867 times) previous topic - next topic

CUE Ripper next version

would it be possible to take on board some of this code going forward into the next version 2.17

https://hackaday.io/project/6147-music-cd-ripper-robot/log/19172-the-few-shortcomings-of-cuetools

CueTools.ConsoleRipper is nearly perfect  :-)  

it would be nice if 2.17 could solve the 3 issues below

1) It does a database lookup and, if included in the Online database, tries to write a WAV and CUE file with illegal file characters, eg. Question marks, colons, slashes. It even found a funny character with three full stops in a line! Suffice it to say, it just errors out and stops.

2) it freely overwrites existing files, especially when a DB lookup failed (rare CDs) it just writes a file out called cdimage.wav, and cdimage.cue, of course overwriting the old ones.

3) it overwrites multi disk sets of compilation packs, instead of putting 'disk 1 of 2' in there it will just go over the existing file.

NB  the worst failing is no 3) above, it caught me out this weekend with about 30 CD's which I have had to do all again !

thank you

https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net

Re: CUE Ripper next version

Reply #1
The title says CUERipper, but the content is ConsoleRipper. So which is it?

ConsoleRipper was originally a test project for CUERipper development. ConsoleRipper wasn't developed into a fully functioning CD ripper.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,66233.msg771411.html#msg771411
korth

Reply #2
sadly the problems detected over 4 years ago with ConsoleRipper are still there with CUERipper, when you have a Boxset or Collection of 2 or more discs from one artist, it simply overwrites the CD 1 with CD 2

surely I cannot be the only person who has this problem with ver 2.16

doesn't everyone have some CD's that are in a jewel case with 2 CD's from the same artist and in the same case ??

Korth -  how do you overcome this failing when using CUERipper ?

Reply #3
What are you using for a template in CUERipper? Adding [%unique%] can help prevent overwriting. You can add the %discnumber% as well.
korth

Reply #4
no I am not using CUE Tools Template   -  I think CUE Ripper should be able to detect Boxsets and work like any other CD Rip Program out there - don't you ?

surely the aim of any software is to make the end users life a bit easier, and for CUERipper failing to rip Boxsets automatically into folders should be looked at, and ideally work by default without reverting to CUE Tools Templates

worse still, after ripping thousands of CD's end users realise that none of the Boxsets ( or CD Collections - Disc 1, Disc 2 etc) have been ripped to their Hard Drives, what a waste of time that is :-(

Reply #5
The template is how you tell CUERipper what output path to use.
korth

Reply #6
does this look OK in my CUETools Template

%music%\Converted\%artist%\[%year% - ]%album%\%artist% - %album% $ifgreater(%totaldiscs%,1, '('disc %discnumber%')',).cue

Reply #7
You don't need the space in front of $. That space will be added into your output path.
or
%music%\Converted\%artist%\[%year% - ]%album%\%artist% - %album%$ifgreater($max(%discnumber%,%disctotal%),1, '('disc %discnumber%')',).cue

'('disc %discnumber%')' is active if %discnumber% or %disctotal% is greater than 1. So if %disctotal% is missing it will still catch %discnumber% greater than 1.

For an additional catchall you can add [ '('%unique%')'] to prevent overwriting if %discnumber% is also missing.
%music%\Converted\%artist%\[%year% - ]%album%\%artist% - %album%$ifgreater($max(%discnumber%,%disctotal%),1, '('disc %discnumber%')',)[ '('%unique%')'].cue

Note: %disctotal% replaced %totaldiscs% in 2.1.5 but either should work.
korth

Reply #8
fantastic - thank you -  just did a boxset of 3 CD's and now working great  :-)

Reply #9
so far so good

C:\Users\User\Music\Converted\Various Artists\2005 - Driving Rock Ballads\Various Artists - Driving Rock Ballads.wav
C:\Users\User\Music\Converted\Various Artists\2005 - Driving Rock Ballads\Various Artists - Driving Rock Ballads (disc 2).wav
C:\Users\User\Music\Converted\Various Artists\2005 - Driving Rock Ballads\Various Artists - Driving Rock Ballads (disc 3).wav

when no cover artwork can be found, it would be nice to right click in the space between Test & Copy and 96% and select a file of your own choosing on your own computer  :-)

even though I have set Options to Metadata search = Extensive
my odds of getting artwork are only 8 or 9 CD's out of 10 - so a simple way to add small images would be nice