Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: <field> HAS <field> Querry (Read 1396 times) previous topic - next topic

<field> HAS <field> Querry

I've been using Foobar for a few days now and am not really code savvy... I try to filter in foobar and adit tags in
mp3 TAG
However my question is the folowing...
In my immense music library there are a lot of files with meesed up taggs... For example... Titles contain "artist- title"    And the artist tag only contains "artist"

What i'm wondering is if there's a way to us te search query to determine wheter the entry in for axample <artist> exits in the title tag...

So is there a way to get something like the following working.?
<field> HAS <field>

<title> HAS <artist>      in which artist can be any entry in any "artist" tagfield

Reply #1
It's doable using titleformatting:
Code: [Select]
$if($strstr(%title%,%artist%),TRUE,FALSE)

Reply #2
It's doable using titleformatting:
$if($strstr(%title%,%artist%),TRUE,FALSE)

Yes so it seems but it is only possible with title formatting? Not within the playlist search query, cuz as i said i use another program to actually edit the tags... I only use Foobar to filter the library

Reply #3
Most likely, but it really doesn't matter.

Assuming you are using Album List: create a custom view in 'Preferences/Media Library/Album List' using the code I gave you. Switch to that temporarily and simply drag & drop the files into MP3Tag.

Reply #4
tititleformatting in the query:

"$if($strstr(%title%,%artist%),TRUE,FALSE)" IS TRUE

Reply #5
Thnx peeps helps A-LOT!!!!!  This is gonna speed up my process immensely thnx