Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Game Emu Player (foo_gep) by kode54 (Read 274141 times) previous topic - next topic

Game Emu Player (foo_gep) by kode54

Reply #75
Hello again. I was wondering if it might be possible to add an option to not auto skip to next track in case of x seconds of silence? At least for tracks that have proper times in the tags. My specific problem is with some SPC files from Equinox, bunch of which contain silence in the middle of track.
made of radiation

Reply #76
Hello again. I was wondering if it might be possible to add an option to not auto skip to next track in case of x seconds of silence? At least for tracks that have proper times in the tags. My specific problem is with some SPC files from Equinox, bunch of which contain silence in the middle of track.

For now, open the GEP Control dialog and enable the override function to disable all silence skipping. I'll look into increasing the silence threshold for SPC files.

Reply #77

For now, open the GEP Control dialog and enable the override function to disable all silence skipping. I'll look into increasing the silence threshold for SPC files.

Maybe I'm going blind, but I don't see an option to disable silence skipping.  Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place.
made of radiation

Reply #78
Maybe I'm going blind, but I don't see an option to disable silence skipping.  Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place.

Open the View menu, select GEP control, check Enable playback override. This disables silence checking, otherwise muting channels could cause tracks to stop automatically.

Reply #79
Ah, there it is. I was looking under the main config, didn't even know about this GEP control panel. This is all I really wanted with the feature request, so this is excellent. Thanks for the help.
made of radiation

Reply #80
Hi kode,
I ran into an issue using SPC music with foobar2000 + WASAPI output over s/pdif. I get the following error:
Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 32000 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels

I'm assuming because my PC doesn't support 32 KHz over S/PDIF. Is there a way to resample the 32 khz to something like 44.1/48/96 khz in GEP? Or am I going to be forced to use DirectSound output over s/pdif?

Thanks

Reply #81
Hi kode,
I ran into an issue using SPC music with foobar2000 + WASAPI output over s/pdif. I get the following error:
Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 32000 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels

I'm assuming because my PC doesn't support 32 KHz over S/PDIF. Is there a way to resample the 32 khz to something like 44.1/48/96 khz in GEP? Or am I going to be forced to use DirectSound output over s/pdif?

Thanks

Look in Preferences > DSP Settings. Enable the resampler.

Reply #82
Hi kode,

Thanks

Look in Preferences > DSP Settings. Enable the resampler.

Hmm, while that does resample it before outputting it I was more hoping for a conditional resampler... IE I only want it to resample when the frequency is 32 KHz...

Reply #83
+1
And even more - conditional selection of DSP chain, depending on format (MIDI/MP3/etc...). That would be very helpful.

Reply #84
Hi,
I'm having a problem with fading out using m3u files. This used to work before but I can't remember what version I was using then.

Here's an example of the m3u file:
Code: [Select]
Legend of Zelda - Links Awakening DX (1993)(Nintendo).gbs::GBS,0,Title Screen,0:0:35,-,0:0:5
Legend of Zelda - Links Awakening DX (1993)(Nintendo).gbs::GBS,1,Trendy Game!,0:0:32,-,0:0:5
Legend of Zelda - Links Awakening DX (1993)(Nintendo).gbs::GBS,2,Game Over,0:0:41,-,0:0:5

The plugin reads the length correctly, but ignores the fade out (0:0:5).

Reply #85
Fixed. The M3U reader was correctly reading the fade time, but the track info interface was not passing this information out.

And before anyone has to ask, Game_Music_Emu has its own M3U parser, and foo_gep transparently loads %filename%.m3u for AY, GBS, HES, KSS, and SAP files. I'm not sure how it handles adding the M3U directly to foobar2000, since foobar's M3U parser doesn't handle all of the extra fields such as subsong and song length, so don't add these M3U files directly.

Reply #86
Great! It works now, thanks.

Reply #87
Hi kode.  Thanks so much for all your work on the component.  I don't think I would have switched from WinAmp without it. I love it! Are you accepting donations?

I have a question about NSFE files.  I'm having trouble getting the track ordering to work via the "Edit playlist" feature. The dialog box is remembering my selected tracks and the ordering, but when I play the NSFE, the entries in the Playlist are still in "raw" order, although the tracks in the Playlist are indeed being limited to the ones I selected.  This also seems to be the case when I do the same thing with a regular NSF file. I'm new to the HA forums, so I'm not sure how to get a test file to you.

I'm on foobar v0.9.6.9 and what I assume to be foo_gep 1.78 (downloaded this morning from http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_gep). I don't have any other NSF-related components.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply #88
Are you accepting donations?

Not at this time, but I may in the future.

when I play the NSFE, the entries in the Playlist are still in "raw" order

Open Preferences, go to Shell Integration, change Sort incoming files by: to %path%. The default, %path_sort%, reorders the tracks added by the NSFE playlist so their subsongs (NSF track numbers) are in numeric order.

I could change it so that subsong numbers are indexes into the NSFE playlists, but then that would invalidate all playlist entries for NSFE files with playlists. In fact, it would also invalidate existing playlist entries if you edit the playlist. It would also make it impossible to play tracks not in the NSFE playlist. (Existing playlist entries from tracks removed from the NSFE playlist, or from files added to foobar2000 before creating the NSFE playlist.)

Reply #89
Thanks for the quick reply, kode. I appreciate it!

I made the change, and still no luck.  Here's what I did:
  • Opened foobar
  • Ctrl+P
  • clicked General node
  • In "Adding new files" section, changed "sort incoming files by:" from %path_sort% to %path%
  • Clicked "close" button and restarted foobar

I assume this is what you meant by "Shell Integration".

Here's my test file: Shadowgate

After extracting it, I right-clicked on Shadowgate.nsfe in my library browser tab (View=by folder structure) > NSFE > Edit playlist.  In the listing of selected subsongs in the dialog box, I see:
  • Title
  • Entryway
  • Subterranean Cavern
  • etc

But, back in the main window, when I press enter to load the .nsfe to the playlist, the playlist entries are still in raw ordering  :
  • Entryway
  • Hall of Mirrors
  • Game Over
  • etc

Also, for clarification, my NSF prefs for GEP are:
"Write to files" checked (in order to get the NSFE context menu option group)
"Convert to NSFE if necessary" checked
"Ignore NSFE playlists" unchecked

Have I done something wrong?  Thanks for your help.

p.s. Please let me know if there's a manual or documentation out there somewhere that I'm missing. I'll gladly RTFM if one exists.  Thanks!

Reply #90
Also, here are my current components, just in case that helps:

Code: [Select]
foo_abx.dll
foo_albumlist.dll
foo_audioscrobbler.dll
foo_cdda.dll
foo_converter.dll
foo_dsp_bs2b.dll
foo_dsp_delta.dll
foo_dsp_std.dll
foo_fileops.dll
foo_freedb2.dll
foo_gep.dll
foo_input_std.dll
foo_input_vio2sf.dll
foo_input_viogsf.dll
foo_playcount.dll
foo_rgscan.dll
foo_ui_std.dll
foo_unpack.dll
vio2sf.bin
viogsf.bin

Reply #91
I don't think there's anything I can do about track order when adding from the Album List, short of reporting the subsong numbers as NSFE playlist entry indexes, and then you'll have to reload the info for all your files to fix them.

Reply #92
Thanks, kode.  I get the feeling I'm missing something basic, so I apologize if I'm being slow.

So what is the recommended way to go about this? Create a dedicated playlist? 

Thanks again for all your help and patience.

Reply #93
Okay, after a quick experiment, creating a dedicated playlist over the NSFE did the trick, so I'm happy. 

However, to your point:

I don't think there's anything I can do about track order when adding from the Album List, short of reporting the subsong numbers as NSFE playlist entry indexes, and then you'll have to reload the info for all your files to fix them.

I may not fully understand the dilemma, but I'd still really like to have this option. I'm willing to assume all the consequences of wrecking any pre-existing playlists, if that's what you mean by "reload the info for all your files to fix them". It just seems so intuitive to set the subsongs and their order in the NSFE itself and have the playlist reflect it upon file load.  Otherwise, what's the point of being able to set the order of the subsongs in the NSFE in the first place?  Isn't the NSFE format a "hard-coded" playlist over the raw NSF to begin with?

Again, I could be totally missing the point here because I'm pretty new. By all means, please send any homework my way if I'm unenlightened. 

Reply #94
Any plans for FC and YM support?

Currently I'm using ST-Sound for these: http://leonard.oxg.free.fr/

Reply #95
I absolutely *love* the GEP plugin and all its features, but I have to second the request for proper NSFE playlist support. It seems perfectly natural to expect that dragging an NSFE from the album list into the playlist window will result in a properly sorted track list, yet that's not what happens. If I want to listen to the subsongs in the correct order, I have to ''autocreate playlist'', which seems like an unnecessary step. That is, unless I'm missing something, which I have to admit is entirely possible. If so: please help?

Also, it seems there's a problem with the NSFE playlist reader/parser in that subsongs that appear on the internal NSFE playlist multiple times (say, if you want the boss music to play after every level bgm, or if a single track is used as the bgm for two different levels so you include it at two separate points on the internal playlist) are only added to the fb2k playlist once.

Reply #96
Both of those are limitations of how I represent the internal playlist. I add the files by their internal subsong numbers, rather than using subsong numbers as playlist indexes. I could change that, but it would break all of your existing playlists, and you would have to reload the file info for every NSFE you already have in your playlists or in your media library.

Reply #97
Any plans for FC and YM support?

Currently I'm using ST-Sound for these: http://leonard.oxg.free.fr/

I think thats something best left to blargg (the Game_Music_Emu developer). That way, all plugins that use it (including my Winamp impl.) can benefit from it.

Reply #98
I could change that, but it would break all of your existing playlists, and you would have to reload the file info for every NSFE you already have in your playlists or in your media library.

Hi kode,

As Sakimori_X said, we all love GEP and I, too, can't thank you enough for it. 

Perhaps some middle ground can be reached in regard to NSFE playback.  Would it be possible for you to add something like an "obey NSFE song order" checkbox in the NSF section of the GEP prefs?  That way, the folks that don't want to break their existing playlists can leave it unchecked, and the rest, like Sakimori_X and me, can check the checkbox, accept the risks, restart fb2k, refresh our media libraries, delete our temp playlists, and sing your praises forever. 

Reply #99
i can play spc files fine but when i try to double-click on rsn files with spcs in them nothing happens. they can't even be dragged onto foobar to show up in the playlist. yes, the rsn files are associated to foobar already. output is via directsound. have foo_unpack "installed" too.

foobar2000 1.0 / foo_gep 1.87