Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why am I banned? (Read 12996 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Why am I banned?

Reply #25
Following up... I accidentally accessed HA when using a TorGuard VPN and we know what happens? Or do we? Anyway, are VPNs in general still a no-no? Or, is just selected VPNs? I noticed the warning about 120 days, but this is still relevant? "Shotgun solution"?

Reply #26
Depends on the VPN, I guess. I haven't been banning any IP address ranges lately, and have relied solely on StopForumSpam to catch recent spammer registrations. If you know the public IP hostname or range, I can remove the mask. As for your computer, you'll need to clear the site's cookies, since visiting while banned will mark your session as banned.

Reply #27
Depends on the VPN, I guess. I haven't been banning any IP address ranges lately, and have relied solely on StopForumSpam to catch recent spammer registrations. If you know the public IP hostname or range, I can remove the mask. As for your computer, you'll need to clear the site's cookies, since visiting while banned will mark your session as banned.
It's TorGuard as I posted above. As for public IP hostname or range, I'm not sure what that info means or how to get it? I will once again try to remember not to access HA via VPN. I deleted my entire browsing data across all devices in Chrome. That was pain to restore everything from scratch. I'll try to narrow it down to the HA site cookies next time. I thought I tried that and I was still banned. Maybe I missed something there?

Reply #28
The thing is, I don't know TorGuard's public IP ranges, and I haven't been banning any new VPNs. I stick to reporting spammers to SFS and deleting them entirely.