Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iPod Classic as a HiFi source? (Read 14532 times) previous topic - next topic

iPod Classic as a HiFi source?

Reply #26
Hmm, overlooked that one. I don't think you can. That used to be something that required a Sonos (according to Sonos). When did Logitech make that possible?

Don't know if it was always true, but rock solid synching across multiple players with SqueezeBoxes has been possible for me for my entire time I've owned them (going back to maybe 2007 or 2008).  I personally find this an excellent benefit and use the sync function frequently.

edit: I know one could sync squeezeboxes even before Logitech bought the slim devices squeezebox line....

iPod Classic as a HiFi source?

Reply #27
Can multiple iOS players streaming from an iTunes server be synced together? One thing I really like, especially for parties or when I'm running around the house doing housework, is being able to sync three or four Squeezeboxes in different rooms.

I just use multiple Airports to stream iTunes or MediaMonkey to receivers/amps/powered speakers around the house. I can control it from any room with a netbook doing Remote Desktop to the computer playing the music.