Skip to main content

Topic: Autosave & Autobackup (foo_jesus) (Read 123899 times) previous topic - next topic

• marc2003
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Autosave & Autobackup (foo_jesus)
Reply #150
with foobar open, hold shift and click file>browse configuration folder. (that's assuming WINE can handle the command to open whatever file browser it uses)

• fohrums
  • [*][*]
Reply #151
Quote from: fohrums link=msg=0 date=

Foobar2000 directory stores all necessary information?

If it's in portable mode, yes.

So, where and what are these files? This is because I don't have mine installed as portable.

Got it 

To properly understand this plugin, the opening should say "Works better if you have foobar2000 installed as 'portable'"

Now the contents of my .zip backup works when I extracted it to my foobar2000 directory.
  • Last Edit: 22 December, 2014, 05:20:41 PM by fohrums

• fohrums
  • [*][*]
Reply #152
IIRC playlists and PlaybackStatistics.dat entries are now obsolete.

How can I backup the playback statistics from foo_playcount? Most importantly how can I found out how to backup a particular item?

**UPDATE**
I found out that these correlate to foobar2000's directory. As directories themselves or files.ext. This is what you call control! loving it!
  • Last Edit: 22 December, 2014, 05:39:18 PM by fohrums

• DustMagnet
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #153
To properly understand this plugin, the opening should say "Works better if you have foobar2000 installed as 'portable'".

Not really. The only reason the description was inadequate for you is because you're not using the plugin.

In which case it helps to understand that since Vista (some 8 years ago), by default Windows expects configuration information to be saved to the user profile folder.

In the case of foobar2000, it's:
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\

where xxx is your username.

The portable installation of foobar2000, where everything is in the program folder, is not normal. I don't think it's normal for any modern OS, actually.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

• Andreasvb
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #154
I like to have everything in one folder, easier to manage with portable.

When using Windows' own management it can sometimes end up either in roaming, local, or documents.
And you may not know what the folder is called, some use their company name, other the product name.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

• fohrums
  • [*][*]
Reply #155
To properly understand this plugin, the opening should say "Works better if you have foobar2000 installed as 'portable'".

Not really. The only reason the description was inadequate for you is because you're not using the plugin.

I don't know where you got that idea 

I like to have everything in one folder, easier to manage with portable.

When using Windows' own management it can sometimes end up either in roaming, local, or documents.
And you may not know what the folder is called, some use their company name, other the product name.

Same, I love the idea of everything in one folder. The only reason for it to be in window's configuration 'appdata" is for registry purposes (shell link, shortcuts, etc), you know the useless stuff that windows apparently thinks is important  .

Reply #156
Autosave & Autobackup (foo_jesus), Free salvation for your configuration, playlists and soul.

Yirkha, GOD BLESS YOU!

Power surges made my playlist changes disappear... i had to save them by hand... THANK YOU!
I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes.

• Odinos
  • [*]
Re: Autosave & Autobackup (foo_jesus)
Reply #157
Is there a way to exclude directories from the backup? There is one component that I do not want to backup because it creates a huge cached cover db. I do want to backup the rest of the entire user-components folder.

• fohrums
  • [*][*]
Reply #158
Is there a way to exclude directories from the backup? There is one component that I do not want to backup because it creates a huge cached cover db. I do want to backup the rest of the entire user-components folder.

+1 makes sense.

• pruuat
  • [*]
Reply #159

Go into Preferences and take a look at "Advenced:Autosave & Autobackup". You'll see the setting for "Files and directories to back up". Just set that to whatever you want, omitting the folder you want to exclude. My setting is:

configuration;foobar2000.cfg;playlists*;theme.fth;PlaybackStatistics.dat;database.fpl;database.dat

Hope that helps.

• Odinos
  • [*]
Reply #160

Go into Preferences and take a look at "Advenced:Autosave & Autobackup". You'll see the setting for "Files and directories to back up". Just set that to whatever you want, omitting the folder you want to exclude. My setting is:

configuration;foobar2000.cfg;playlists*;theme.fth;PlaybackStatistics.dat;database.fpl;database.dat

Hope that helps.

I know I can do it that way, but that is really impractical for a number of reasons. I'd really like the option to exclude a specific folder while keeping all the others inside the parent folder.

• marc2003
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #161
Well if you go back to the first post and click on the OPs username and view their profile, you'll see the last time they logged in was nearly 5 years ago. If the workarounds suggested are no good, you'll need to find something else.