Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Mobile seemingly stop reading music after a while (Read 2230 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Mobile seemingly stop reading music after a while

Google Pixel 4a
Android 11
v1.2.8 (ARM 64-bit)

So, today, was the first day where I seemingly used foobar2000 with my new Pixel 4a. It was connected to a bluetooth adapter in my car. Something like 30 minutes into the drive, music stopped playing. Things I tried:

* Re-connecting bluetooth
* Turning OFF and back ON my bluetooth adapter
* Swipping off foobar and re-opening it, and then
* Force stopping Foobar2000 Mobile and restarting.

The last did it. Music started playing again. Roughly 90 minutes later, it did it again. This time, I strictly went for force stop and restart and started working immediately. Then, I had a drive break (somewhat), then had it worked for 30 minute. It was still working but didn't take my chances and restarted it. Again, 90min later, it happened *again*. Same trick, works again.

Now the behavior. It happens after a song end and doesn't seem to be able to start the next. The app is still responsive otherwise. Starting any other track will seemingly not work. The cover art and metadata shows up and that's about it.

Most of my 10k songs library are on internal memory and most of it is in OPUS 128kbps. At all time, I forgot to check the console unfortunately.

Cheers.

Re: Foobar Mobile seemingly stop reading music after a while

Reply #1
I have the same issue, but much more frequent. I can get anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes before mine stops playing music. nothing shows up in the console once it stops, not even "opening track for playback". I didn't have any issues until I updated to android 11.

One thing I have noticed is sometimes when I go to force close it in settings, Foobar will not be requesting any permissions. Once I re-launch the app it requests files and media under permissions. I have no idea if that's related, but I'm pretty desperate to have Foobar working again without resting my phone. I've also tried reinstalling foobar with no luck.

I've also had it quit while playing in my car, but it magically started working again on it's own after I got back in my car after being in a store for 10-15 minutes.

Google Pixel 3a
Android 11
v1.2.8

Reply #2
Indeed @Drives11 . Just yesterday, I had the issue where it stopped after one song. It *even* crashed. Then again after a song or two but, this one, I had to Force Stop and reboot Foobar2000 and music continues playing along nicely.

Reply #3
It's so bad I had to stop using foobar mobile and start using Play Music. But Play Music is pretty bad compared to foobar. Worse still, Play Music has been dropped and you now how to use YouTube Music, which is even worse!

Please, please, please give us back a working foobar mobile!

Please.

Reply #4
start using gonemad. It's the best Android music player

Reply #5
Not only that... it's not a bluetooth issue with Pixel devices caused by Android 11... it makes it on its own too! You need to be playing music over bluetooth. TF is going on?

@Peter , plz, gives us signal.

Reply #6
Not only that... it's not a bluetooth issue with Pixel devices caused by Android 11... it makes it on its own too! You need to be playing music over bluetooth. TF is going on?

Bluetooth doesn't seem to effect my phone. It stops regardless if I'm using headphones or bluetooth, it seems to be more frequent when I use bluetooth though.

I'm just using gonemad like Alexander Ostuni suggested until Foobar is fixed. I just hope it gets fixed soon as I'm on gonemad's free trial and I don't know what happens when that expires.

Reply #7
And it keeps doing it, over and over and over... Very frequently too. I'm sick of this. I'm fucking driving when it happens.

Reply #8
Yeah it's an issue with Android 11, unfortunately this has been reported months ago and still hasn't been fixed (see: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=119385.0 ). so it must be a big problem to fix since i imagine a music player that stops playing music is a pretty high priority issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯