Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: High frequencie in Björk-Jóga (Read 5121 times) previous topic - next topic

High frequencie in Björk-Jóga

I buyed these days Björk- Greatest hits (the one with the strange cover on it) and i love the disc.
Every single song one masterpiece of its own, if you can like the sound of Björk.

But there is some strange thing, that keeps me busy: In the song "Jóga", at a later stage of the song, i think i hear some strange high frequencie in the background.
On CD and on FLAC copy.

Just for the healthy of my mind: Do anyone hear the same as is? Audacity shows me a strange peak at 20390 Hz, who i think that it could be.

Reply #1
Pick one:
  • Synthesizer.
  • Heavily distorted, flanged, and reverbed guitar.
  • Heavily distorted, flanged, and reverbed violin.

I wouldn't be surprised, either, to find an electronic musician like Björk intentionally using comparable or identical filtering artifacts, as they are found in low bit rate compression, as a supplement effect for portions of her mixes.

Reply #2
ok, so i´m not mad at all  thanks

Reply #4
You can probably rule out a guitar just given Bjork's anti guitar bias.
The album that song came from (Homogenic) is primarily a string octet with much of the electronic sounds being processed/distorted Icelandic nature sounds --- geysers, eruptions etc...

Reply #5
Synthesizer

Some older analog synths produce a pretty obscene amount of HF noise, so this is quite likely. I've found this is especially true of many older modular synths which Björk probably uses.