Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: gapless (Read 4327 times) previous topic - next topic

gapless

is it possible to make playing gapless?

gapless

Reply #1
I second that. It would be great!

gapless

Reply #2
me too..

Options to define crossfading like dsoundout for wa2 would be
great too.. Is this planned?

gapless

Reply #3
The problem is that gapless playback on MP3 files is a hack because of the structure of the files themselves.  The only way to get true gapless playback would be to add something like a silence detection hack, and I doubt that PP would put hacks like this high on the priority list.

If you use MPC files for example, the playback is already gapless in FB2K.

gapless

Reply #4
There is a Crossfading plugin for winamp 2.xx.  I don't know how well it works, but you can go to the Winamp site for the plugin and check it out for yourself.  The built in Crossfader in WA3 works great.  I have both versions installed and when I want to hear gapless music I use WA3.

Later.
"Did you just say he contacts you through a bird? Did I just hear you say that?" Sonny Valerio (Cliff Gorman). Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai.

gapless

Reply #5
thanx.. but i know that allready..
i was reffering to the directsound output plugin for wa peter
also wrote... im wondering if he wil put user difinable options
in foobar2k..

gapless

Reply #6
if you want "gapless" playback, you should learn to encode your files in decent formats first.
no "gap remover" for you.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.