Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New plugin - Resample (SSRC High precision) (Read 27345 times) previous topic - next topic

New plugin - Resample (SSRC High precision)

Reply #1
Well done. Is this higher accuracy than the existing one in high quality mode? Have you compared its performance? Oddly a particular bug has just been fixed in the other version -thread

Ill certainly be trying this out on my fast machine sometime.

regards'
no conscience > no custom

Reply #2
does it need sound card support something called ASIO ?

Reply #3
No, I don not believe so

Reply #4
Interesting Plug-in.

Could you explain the the meaning of the parameter DF ?

I guess the FIR filter is phase linear - i.e symmetric impulse response - would it be possible to include singel sided IR - i.e only ringing after the main pulse ?

Thanks

Morten

Reply #5
Not sure why I'm having problems downloading this but it keeps telling me that the zip file is corrupted!

Reply #6
Clear your cache and try again.

Also, is this higher quality then the built in SSRC plugin?  If so, how?

Reply #7
Eeerm. What does this actually do to?

Reply #8
It is a version of the SSRC resampler with more precision and options than you're likely to ever need for mastering your own mix tapes, much less casual listening.

Reply #9
Very interesting plugin indeed. Can anyone tell me what the equivelent settings of the standard SSRC dsp in slow mode would be?

Reply #10
Standard SSRC in Slow mode equivelent:
AA = 120
DF = 100
FFTFIRLEN = 16384

Note: Kernel Streaming output is a must for high quality sound.

Reply #11
Thank you very much, I noticed this DSP at those settings uses less CPU than the standard DSP, very useful

Reply #12
This plugin intendent for high quality sound on high quality equipment.

Use AA>120 & FFTFIRLEN>16384 to improve listening quality over standard SSRC.

Reply #13
Standard SSRC in Slow mode equivelent:
AA = 120
DF = 100
FFTFIRLEN = 16384[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305054"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That, plus recompiling with ssrc_real typedef'd to float instead of double.

Note: Kernel Streaming output is a must for high quality sound.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305054"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Further indication that this topic is all about placebo. Or perhaps you have tests to back that statement?

Reply #14
What's wrong with placebo?  If switching a setting will improve my percieved sound; then I'm all for it ;-)

Reply #15
What's wrong with placebo?  If switching a setting will improve my percieved sound; then I'm all for it ;-)
Yes, but you'll keep that to yourself, won't you?

Reply #16
There are no reasons to use this high precision plugin if your equipment does not allow even to hear Kernel Streaming output benefits.

Reply #17
There are no reasons to use this high precision plugin if your equipment does not allow even to hear Kernel Streaming output benefits.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305292"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You are trying to tell that EVERY good quality soundcard gives ALWAYS better output with Kernel Streaming?

And other point - what kind of resampling do you suggest for this "high quality sound"? All my music collection is CD sourced 44,1 kHz and I play it with hardware at native 44,1 kHz (no internal resampling to 48kHz). What your resampling + Kernel Streaming can make better?
Not really a Signature.

Reply #18
Try to play your native 44,1 kHz via Kernel Streaming _without_ resampling.

Resampling & Kernel Streaming is a different things.

Kernel Streaming is for keep your collection "native" - bit to bit identical to its source.

While resampling on PC is an alternative to cheapest hardware resampling.

Reply #19
Try to play your native 44,1 kHz via Kernel Streaming _without_ resampling.

Resampling & Kernel Streaming is a different things.

Kernel Streaming is for keep your collection "native" - bit to bit identical to its source.

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Kindly provide objective proof for this assertion. I've yet to see any objective evidence that there is any audible difference between DirectSound, waveOut, Kernel Streaming and ASIO unless audio drivers are buggy.

To the best of the community's knowledge (as I carefully checked when writing [a href="http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000%3a%50references:Output]this[/url]), your claim is completely unfounded.

Also, please take a look at TOS#8 before making any more claims about subjective audio quality.

Reply #20
Can we forget about the vague sniping over whether this does make the audio sound better? Can somebody who knows what they're on about please tell me if the extra options in this plugin could be useful? Who knows, maybe this is a nice tool? And more eager developers is a good thing in general yeah?

Reply #21
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305335"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Presuming I have owned such cheap hardware with crappy internal resampling (among other poor elements), would I even had a chance to notice a difference between this "high precision" resampler and other Foobar2k's resamplers (which are known to have very good quality)? 
Not really a Signature.

Reply #22
The differences should be audible. In the opposite case, the first thing I suggest is to try Kernel Streaming output. (At least to avoid double resampling.)

Reply #23
i personally hear no difference.

amp = mcintosh mc250
speakers = klipsch la scalas

might be subtle changes that i'm not noticing. i'll give it a deeper listen later at more desireable volumes.

Reply #24
I failed to hear a difference between fast and highprecision, resampling to 16kHz in an ABX environment.

I would suggest that DoctorAjbolit post successful ABX tests documenting that his high precision resampling is audibly superior, as he asserts, before making a single additional claim of increased audio quality.