Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: itunes <-> foobar (Read 17024 times) previous topic - next topic

itunes <-> foobar

Hi,
i normally used winamp only for .pls streams , itunes for syncing with iphone and listening everything. But a whole program just for some streams sucks.. and so does itunes with his fucking long loading times too

So i thought i would give foobar a try.. And its a rly nice programm but useless for me if this doesnt work:

Importing playlists from foobar into iTunes
Importing playlists from iTunes into foobar

Well.. i maybe could live without important from iTunes into foobar.. But i rly need the other way as i would create all my playlists with foobar and want to sync them with my iPhone. This doesnt work with the iPod component (guess it moves the .mp3 files to some folder on my iPhone which isn´t even used or registered for the iPhone.. besides that the copy process takes years for a single .mp3 of 5 mb.. hf with my 4GB then  ).
I could just make all the current playlists new into foobar by my hands.. would take a time but okay. But i rly need to be able to important foobar playlists into iTunes and then syncing.
Also i rly like that iTunes move (or copy) all the .mp3 into the own iTunes libary.. so i can delete them form my downloads folgder and got them organized in some other Folder.. So i set my foobar media libary to the iTunes folder where all songs are in. But foobar can´t move the .mp3 in the same way to the iTunes folder as iTunes does.. so i always have to run iTunes which will move the .mp3 then.. Pretty weird and unhandy :x

How ever, i rly need to important playlists from foobar to iTunes.. would be nice if anyone could tell mw how to do that :>

thx

@edit:

kay the ipod thingy works now.. and also fast. i can uploadp laylists on my iphone.. but how do i download them?

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #1
But foobar can´t move the .mp3 in the same way to the iTunes folder as iTunes does..

The only difference is that foobar doesn't do it automatically, but sure you can do it, and you can customize it unlike in iTunes.

Playlists should be interchangeable via drag & drop. Foobar also has smart playlists so you can try to create the same smart playlists in foobar and iTunes.
Another way would be to save the playlist as m3u file.

I'm not sure if there were other questions but these were the two i could decipher.

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #2
how can i save itunes playlists @m3u ?

and what are these smart playlists?

and no drag & drop doesnt work.. or i´m doign smth wrong :x

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #4
ye only foudn that export thingy thx :>

so i can move playlists in both ways.. but what i need now:

i would do smth like fooabr will move all files i add into some music folder.. and now i want itunes to add these files from the music folder automatically into the itunes music libary.. is that possible?

thx

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #5
File Operations to move the files to wherever you want. It's possible to make a preset which will move your files just like iTunes would (though it'd probably make more sense to just use iTunes then). You can also bind presets from file operations to a keyboard shortcut.

Since iTunes doesn't support folder watching like foobar it wont detect the new files automatically, but there are several semi-automatic ways.

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #6
@edit: k works now thx :>

only one thign would be nice:

after it copys the files into the itunes librbary i would have the .mp3 twice on my pc.. can i somehow also automatically delete it?

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #7
just use the "move" command instead of "copy"
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #8
nono  i meant i use this itunes libary updater program

this programm adds the files frm a folder automatically to the itunes media libary (and this will copy the song into the iTunes folder). But i want these files automatically be deleted after they have been added to iTunes. Can´t rly do that with foobar?

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #9
ah I see... nope dunno, cannot think of an easy way.
so itunes will not recognize any music being moved by foobar2k (or manually) in the apropriate itunes music folder?? (so you have to use this app?) did I got that right?
itunes is just a pain in the ass!
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #10
yep u got it

and btw.. i have foo_operations but where can i run it? oO dont find it under tools :x

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #11
this programm adds the files frm a folder automatically to the itunes media libary (and this will copy the song into the iTunes folder).

Did you actually try it? Unless you have the option to copy the files into your iTunes library folder checked (in iTunes) and the path you're importing the files from is outside of your library it wont copy them.

The foobar file operations are in the context menu under, you guessed it, file operations. If it's not there have a look at the site i linked, it explains how to install it.

itunes <-> foobar

Reply #12
yei  tried it ? it copys the songs.. like itunes also normally does..
it copys the file from my downloads folder into music/itunes/artist/xxx.mp3 .. but it doesn´t move or copy + delete then.

and found the fiel operation now.. thought it would be somewhere in preferences or somehwere else.. but not context