Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme (Read 166725 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #577
I just reinstalled windows 10. Now I can't get this great theme to work  :'(

I installed the latest foobar (portable)
Extracted the "profile" folder to the foobar folder
Installed the fonts (by highlighting them all in the folder I extracted them to, then right-clicking and "install")
Then when I launch Foobar I don't get the option to select "Columns UI" and instead get the basic vanilla UI

It's the only theme I ever installed and now I can't remember how I did it. I tried with both
Georgia-ReBORN_First_Public_Release_v2.3.0_Final_Beta12c
Georgia-ReBORN-master

Reply #578
@sebtil6,

these are the correct installation steps and it works just fine, if you extracted correctly the profile folder to foobar2000's root.
Be sure to install foobar2000 32Bit and not the 64Bit version and always use the latest version.

-TT

Reply #579
Thank you Dear

I had installed x64  :-*

Reply #581
Thanks for the fast fixes and improvements, Tom! It's possible to add stripes progress bar style like in Bootstrap?. Animated stripes could be cool like an alternative.

Reply #582
Hi, there! Thanks for the great work. I have a question or two. Is there any way for the playlist not to show the track number? Because my albums are not fully downloaded and it doesn't look good.

SS: https://i.imgur.com/aXgvBpP.png

This is because the tracks are collected from two different albums and the numbers don't show right, so I want to remove the displaying of them if it's possible, without modifying all the tracks 1by1 from external software.

Also, Is there a way of implementing buttons for quick actions - maybe on the bottom or below the title bar? The quick action buttons are very convenient for the different tools I use - running external tools like Spek and quickly using a tagging script or even searching in different sites for %artist% - %title%. I can do it myself but I'm not very good in Java so I don't know which part of the script I should modify. A little direction would be of great help.

Thank you in advance!

Reply #583
@Azemoth,
I'll see what I can do, right now I'm very busy with finishing the new update.

---

@ahbh,
If you're using the beta version from here, you can hide the track numbers or show index numbers.
It's accessible via top menu Options > Playlist > Track row > Show track numbers ( or ) Show index numbers.

I think the easiest and best way would be to use the 10 command slots of SMP ( Shift click on top menu File > Spider Monkey Panel ).
You could ask @regor for code/cmd examples as I think he uses his own commands in his scripts ( Playlist-Manager-SMP and Playlist-Tools-SMP ).

-TT

Reply #584
Thing is if you want the buttons within the Georgia panel or not. You have 3 options:

- A customizable toolbar within a single Georgia panel (would require some work by TT adapting my Playlist Tools toolbar for ex). I don't recommend this.
- An extra CUI panel at top, which can be hidden by default. It would support standard actions provided by native foobar. Colors would not match the ones from Georgia. That's something which can be easily implemented by any user. It's just a matter of editing the layout. It can be done with the 'View\Show Toolbars' (which could be associated to a key, and exposed by default in Georgia).
X X
- Finally, you can add my Playlist Tools on a toolbar at top (step 2). I plan to add Georgia compatibility, so it would follow Georgia colors. Apart from my tools, there is a button to assign any main menu entry (or even multiple of them on a single button). I would recommend TT to add these panels by default on the current layout, and make them hidden. That way enabling them for the users would be trivial.

SMP menus can be run, but there is no limit if you use the lastest SMP features. Thus, it allows to assign arbitrary native buttons to SMP actions.
X

Reply #585
I'm not able to use the autohide feature with Georgia though, not sure what's going on.

I think it's related to the use of hacks component, since auto-hide doesn't work when the panel is at the border of the window. Or maybe its a CUI bug, but it works on native foobar. Need help with this.

It works with the caption enabled, but as soon as I disable the title, it doesn't work anymore.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Settings:

On native foobar works:

Reply #586
Yes, UIHacks automatically sets the caption once mouse is on top menu area and when leaving they are disabled again.
It was designed this way to be able to drag foobar around, either with top menu left button drag or mbtn ( wheel ) drag.

I won't change any layout or do these workarounds because one user has extra needs, the theme must and will stay clean.
Imagine every now and then a user ask for something like this. Of course the user can do anything on his own with his copy.

SMP menus can be run, but there is no limit if you use the lastest SMP features. Thus, it allows to assign arbitrary native buttons to SMP actions.

That's exactly what I've meant, can the user link those commands with hotkeys? And then run them via fb.RunMainMenuCommand.
I'm not familiar with the SMP custom command slots.
I saw this somewhere hidden in the SMP docs and I've forgot where to find it again, that's why I've noticed you ;-)

-TT

Reply #587
Hello, I didn't understand how to make the cover that I located inside the album folder that I add in the playlist from square to circular.

Whenever this is possible.

Reply #588
That has nothing to do with UI Splitter panels not working as they should be.

This is either a bug on CUI or a bug on UI Hacks. I get the foobar title is hidden with UI hacks, but that should not affect to the panels on the layout.

Also I don't understand your feedback, I see no problem on having more panels on the current layout if they are hidden by default. Nothing changes about the theme staying clean and it simply makes your life easier when some user asks you to add a toolbar. But your choice.

About the last part, I think you are mixing concepts. The SMP custom command slots are there to run JS actions on native foobar, not in the opposite direction.

If you want to run a contextual/main menu entry, then you need a button associated to that. And that requires either a native toolbar or customizable buttons within your panel. SMP custom commands have nothing to do with that.

Reply #589
@ApacheReal,

you need to download this Georgia-ReBORN resource pack, it includes templates for disc art.
If you have Photoshop or Gimp, you need to apply a mask from the album art to the disc art in the template.
Save it as cd.png, put it into your music album folder and restart foobar.

---

@regor,
yea your right. I've posted it before you've made those edits -> gifs. When you first mentioned UIHacks and captions,
I thought about the UIHacks captions. UIHacks has an option to set captions to be able to use the drag and drop.
As you mentioned, it very well could be a UIHacks conflict with the splitter or CUI panel.

Well, I'm not a fan of those auto-hidden panels, sorry :(
But as I've mentioned earlier, the user can do with the theme as he likes, so I don't see a problem.

About the SMP user scripts, yes I thought about using javascript with calling and executing a .bat file or something similar
where the user has his own script. Then make a custom hotkey, when hotkey is triggered, call via fb.RunMainMenuCommand('File/Spider Money Panel/1')
that calls a function that executes the .bat file. Or just call directly the function without the need of fb.RunMainMenuCommand,
but I thought you can make use of the free slots.
That was my initial thought that came to my mind...

-TT

Reply #590
Another alternative to the hotkeys would be as @ahbh mentioned, to make a new optional custom button in the lower bar,
that can be shown or hidden ( like the reload button ) and when clicked, it would open a context menu where you can select and call the scripts via .bat files.

-TT

Reply #591
@ApacheReal,
you can also get the disc art of the current playing album when you right click on the album art for context menu > Get disc art.
If it's available on fanart.tv, download the png, rename it to cd.png and put it in your album folder. Reload the theme.

-TT

Reply #592
I understood how it works by downloading the cdARTs from fanart.tv

I didn't understand, having Gimp, how to make the cdART of my playlists starting from a cover even having downloaded the CD_Placeholder.psd

Reply #593
@ApacheReal,
so you don't understand how to make your own disc art with the template?

---

I can give you directions how it is done with Photoshop:

1. Open CD_Placeholder.psd and open your image.

2. Paste your image to the template and move the image layer in the White CD folder between layer Ellipse 3 and Layer 14.

3. Hold ALT key and drag the layer mask from Layer 14 to your image. Now click on the mask of your image layer and do CTRL + I to invert the mask.
   The image should be now masked to the CD.

4. Now CTRL + click on Ellipse 4 layer to have a selection, Shift + Ctrl + I to inverse the selection.

5. While your image layer is active with the inner ring selection, use the bucket or brush with black color to mask the inner ring.

6. (Optional fine tuning) You can click on the chain icon of your image layer to unlock ( the mask will stay in its original position) the mask,
    click on the image layer thumbnail again and use the move tool to position your image how you want.

7. File > Save as > cd.png and put it in your music album folder and restart foobar.

---

I think these steps are similar with GIMP, otherwise you can google it. There are a lot of tutorials on the net.

-TT

Reply #594
How can I go about adding this ( [%title%] $rgb(255,0,0,255,0,0)$ifequal(%ITUNESADVISORY%,1,🅴,) ) to the playlist to show explicit tags ??

Reply #595
@ApacheReal,
so you don't understand how to make your own disc art with the template?

---

I can give you directions how it is done with Photoshop:

1. Open CD_Placeholder.psd and open your image.

2. Paste your image to the template and move the image layer in the White CD folder between layer Ellipse 3 and Layer 14.

3. Hold ALT key and drag the layer mask from Layer 14 to your image. Now click on the mask of your image layer and do CTRL + I to invert the mask.
   The image should be now masked to the CD.

4. Now CTRL + click on Ellipse 4 layer to have a selection, Shift + Ctrl + I to inverse the selection.

5. While your image layer is active with the inner ring selection, use the bucket or brush with black color to mask the inner ring.

6. (Optional fine tuning) You can click on the chain icon of your image layer to unlock ( the mask will stay in its original position) the mask,
    click on the image layer thumbnail again and use the move tool to position your image how you want.

7. File > Save as > cd.png and put it in your music album folder and restart foobar.

---

I think these steps are similar with GIMP, otherwise you can google it. There are a lot of tutorials on the net.

-TT

THX

Reply #596
How can I go about adding this ( [%title%] $rgb(255,0,0,255,0,0)$ifequal(%ITUNESADVISORY%,1,🅴,) ) to the playlist to show explicit tags ??

See here, but you can't use the red color like this. The theme itself manages the colors via javascript.

-TT

Reply #597
@ApacheReal,

glad you're trying to make it work and it's a good start, but you have selected the wrong layer to make the mask for the image ( see the edges of your CD ).
It needs to be the inverted mask from Layer 14, also I don't think you have applied and masked the inner ring ( Ellipse 4 layer ).
Keep trying!

-TT

Reply #598
So I went into the Live Editor, right clicked and hit remove. Now nothing is showing but a white screen and I don't know how to revert without reinstalling.

Reply #599
So I went into the Live Editor, right clicked and hit remove. Now nothing is showing but a white screen and I don't know how to revert without reinstalling.

Before you do anything and to be on the safe side, make a backup of your existing profile folder.

After that, from the Georgia-ReBORN zip file, try to copy and replace the configuration folder from the profile folder.
If it does not work, you need to replace the whole profile folder. Start foobar.

-TT