Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 130467 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #550
%path_sort% should it be put in the menu views in pattern?

Reply #551
Some nice addition... enjoying trying it out. Thanks for sharing.

Reply #552
I opened a thread in General (fb2k) Topic: Stream Data Radio

I report it here while waiting for an answer because it concerns the file
advanced_radio_stream_parser

Thanks

Reply #553
Hi WilB, what's your perspective of a 64 bits JavaScript container for your Library Tree package?

Reply #554
I installed a few too many panels:

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({4CFD4EB2-C344-4DC5-9598-D8408275F02F}: Library Tree v2.4.0 by WilB)
Out of memory: 11889292/1073741824 bytes

:))

Reply #555
I understand that there is a limit to the number of library panels you can manage.

With 33 libray panel I have crashes when I create album art icons.

I arrived to install a maximum of 57 libray panels with immediate crash.

With 45 libray panels, the crash occurred on the first viewing of album art.

With 33 library panels. it seemed to work but after a selection between one panel and another it crashed.

I'm currently in testing with 21 libary panels to see if it holds up.

I understand that my configuration is abnormal.

Report it anyway.

Reply #556
Hello everyone, I have this problem when select: View by Folder Structure. It adds a row of numbers. See the screenshot.

https://ibb.co/sFKRH9N

- Foobar v2.0 (x86)
- SMP 1.6.1 mod
- Library-Tree-v2.4.0

Reply #557
@Montchenot
what's your perspective of a 64 bits JavaScript container for your Library Tree package?
When there is a 64 bit version of Spider Monkey Panel, library tree will be 64 bit compatible. There has been significant development of Spider Monkey Panel recently, e.g.
https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/issues/213
https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/commits/feature/v2

So there is cause for cautious optimism...

@ApacheReal
By default, Spider Monkey Panel limits it's memory use to I believe 1GB for ALL Spider Monkey Panel scripts in the layout. Loading the library into library tree requires a certain amount of memory for each panel depending on how big the library is and images displayed. So it's not surprising there is a memory issue with 33+ panels.

If you really want that number of panels, you can try increasing the memory available to Spider Monkey Panel in advanced > spider monkey panel > performance > GC > maximum heap size, subject to the amount of memory installed on your system.

@twikaros
They're internal delimiters library tree uses to process $colour{} functions, to colour parts of a line etc differently.

However, view by folder structure is a hard coded foobar2000 pattern that isn't user editable. So it should never contain such colour codes.

So I'm perplexed as to how it happens.

I tried toggling to and from view by folder structure and a view that uses the colour codes, and it all behaved.

You could try clearing panel properties (backup first if you've made changes you want to keep). If the issue persists, please try and post exact steps to reproduce including any patterns etc. Alternatively, you could: 1) export panel properties from a problematical instance of library tree; 2) import the panel properties into a new library tree panel to confirm that the issue is still present; 3) then if the issue is still present, post the panel properties and I'll take a look.

Reply #558
Thanks, WilB 👍

Reply #559
@WilB‍ Thanks for your reaction

You could try clearing panel properties (backup first if you've made changes you want to keep). If the issue persists, please try and post exact steps to reproduce including any patterns etc. Alternatively, you could: 1) export panel properties from a problematical instance of library tree; 2) import the panel properties into a new library tree panel to confirm that the issue is still present; 3) then if the issue is still present, post the panel properties and I'll take a look.

• I deleted and re-imported Library-Tree-v2.4.0 - default properties = no problem, my backupproperties = problem occurs
  • I uninstalled Library-Tree-v2.4.0 and imported Library Tree v2.2.0 - default properties = no problem, my backed up properties = problem occurs
  • Did the same after installing SMP v1.6.1 - Hotfix (Initially I used SMP foo_spider_monkey_panel-v1.6.1-mod = problem occurs

Properties attached.

Thanks in advance for all the effort!

Reply #560
I have a requirement being a radio enthusiast.

With the Library Tree in Source Playlist I can add one Playlist only.

Going into Options I added the Pattern %filename% in Views

In doing so I created a sort of tree view for each radio channel.

Now I come to the question.

Is it possible to add multiple playlists managed by a single spider monkey panel module?

The display must respect the radio group per folder:

Folder Radio Group 1

Folder Radio Group 2

etc...

At the moment the only solution is to create a radio group playlist for each spider monkey:

Reply #561
@twikaros
The issue is related to options > custom tab > counts & statistics : custom colour enabled.

If you disable that the issue should disappear.

Alternatively, if you don't want to wait for the next version, you can do a minor edit to the code to fix the issue properly and retain the custom colour:

in panel.js;

change line 331 from:
}
to:
Code: [Select]
} else if (ui.col.counts) this.colMarker = true;
This line is immediately above:
this.pn_h_auto = ppt.pn_h_auto && ppt.rootNode;

@ApacheReal
OK, if I've understood you correctly...

As a quick test, if you don't mind editing a little code, to see if it's of any use, in populate.js, comment out line 2078 and insert the following in that position:
plman.ActivePlaylist = plman.FindOrCreatePlaylist([...new Set(names)].join('; '), true);

Open menu.js. and search for 'Send to new playlist'. Change it to, e.g. 'Send to named playlist'

Then right click item in library tree and choose 'Send to named playlist'
The first time an item is clicked a playlist should be generated with a name based on the item clicked.
Next time the same item is right clicked and 'Send to named playlist' chosen, the playlist should be re-used.
I don't think it will be possible to change the auto-generated name.

If it's useful, then an option to use that method could be added.

Reply #562
@WilBThat worked! Thank you so much!

The issue is related to options > custom tab > counts & statistics : custom colour enabled.

If you disable that the issue should disappear.

Alternatively, if you don't want to wait for the next version, you can do a minor edit to the code to fix the issue properly and retain the custom colour ...

Reply #563

OK, if I've understood you correctly...

As a quick test, if you don't mind editing a little code, to see if it's of any use, in populate.js, comment out line 2078 and insert the following in that position:
plman.ActivePlaylist = plman.FindOrCreatePlaylist([...new Set(names)].join('; '), true);

Open menu.js. and search for 'Send to new playlist'. Change it to, e.g. 'Send to named playlist'

Then right click item in library tree and choose 'Send to named playlist'
The first time an item is clicked a playlist should be generated with a name based on the item clicked.
Next time the same item is right clicked and 'Send to named playlist' chosen, the playlist should be re-used.
I don't think it will be possible to change the auto-generated name.

If it's useful, then an option to use that method could be added.

It does not work.

Or generate 2 different playlists for %filename%
or, for folder, always overwrites the same folder called "All 1 Folder Structure"

Reply #564
Hi,

I decided to use LibTree in my skin which is really awesome :-)

Two questions:

1) How do I change the background color upon selecting an input text? I tried all (blue) options-custom but non had any effect. (see text selection.jpg)

2) I like transparancy because that gives me control over what is painted in the background. Easy enough to set the spider_monkey panel to transparant. But if you also want to set the topbar/filterbox to transparant I have to change the alpha of options-custom-background to x,x,x,0 which works. Problem is that in that case also images that are scrolling outside the panel are shown in the background on top of what I paint. Can you suppress that? (see transparant.jpg)
BTW, This is not an issue in folder view. That's completely fine

In both case I hightlighted the issues in red.

Thx

Reply #565
I understand that there is a limit to the number of library panels you can manage.

With 33 library panels. it seemed to work but after a selection between one panel and another it crashed.

Report it anyway.

I currently run 80 panels in my skin (based on original DarkOne; slowly migrating WSH and JS2 stuff to JS3) and intend to "copy" some ten panels more. I sometimes have the same issue you experience (first panels that crash are WSH/JS2). What helps in my case is just move one of the main PSS panels (with all of the underlying panels down (or up :-) ). Then save FCL again. Works for me ;-). FCL is some 1400KB and includes both Georgia and ReBorn.

Reply #566

Report it anyway.

I currently run 80 panels in my skin (based on original DarkOne; slowly migrating WSH and JS2 stuff to JS3) and intend to "copy" some ten panels more. I sometimes have the same issue you experience (first panels that crash are WSH/JS2). What helps in my case is just move one of the main PSS panels (with all of the underlying panels down (or up :-) ). Then save FCL again. Works for me ;-). FCL is some 1400KB and includes both Georgia and ReBorn.

HI. Thanks, I'll do some tests.

OT:
Your modified skin is interesting, I would like to make some changes that I see in the photo and that I would like to adapt to my skin, such as adding flags, the record label and more. Can it be downloaded somewhere?

Reply #567
OT:
Your modified skin is interesting, I would like to make some changes that I see in the photo and that I would like to adapt to my skin, such as adding flags, the record label and more. Can it be downloaded somewhere?

OT 2: I knicked the idea from Georgia. The basis of artist logo's/flags and recordlabel is Georgia's. Then I started downloading/making my own logo's and flags. As you can probably see my skin is based on the original DarkOne. Not MOD2, I did not like the look of it. Took me a lot of time to get it scale independent since the skin also has to run and look good on 150%, 250% and 300% scaling.
I'll send you a private message ...

Reply #568
OT:

OT 2: I knicked the idea from Georgia. The basis of artist logo's/flags and recordlabel is Georgia's. Then I started downloading/making my own logo's and flags. As you can probably see my skin is based on the original DarkOne. Not MOD2, I did not like the look of it. Took me a lot of time to get it scale independent since the skin also has to run and look good on 150%, 250% and 300% scaling.
I'll send you a private message ...
I don't want to be rude, but could I also receive that private message? I admire your theme very much!

Reply #569
@Defender

1) Search text: selected background colour

If pseudo transparency is enabled the background colour seemed irrelevant and so is hard coded blue RGB(0, 153, 255)

If you want to change it now, you can alter a little code, comment out window.IsTransparent in ~line 686 of interface.js (I'll likely make the change for the next version):

this.col.searchSel = /*window.IsTransparent ||*/ !this.col.bgSel ? 0xff0099ff : this.getContrast(this.col.search, this.col.bgSel) > 3 ? this.col.bgSel : this.getBlend(this.col.search, this.col.bg == 0 || this.img.blurDark ? 0xff000000 : this.col.bg, 0.25);

It should then use the background selected colour (CUI or custom), unless there's insufficient contrast with search text, when a blend of search text colour and background is used.

2)  Scrolling

This is not an issue in folder view.
That's because drawing the text is much more straightforward. In the text selection pic there is image + text + there could also be text overlayed on top of the thumbnails etc. That makes the handling much more complicated, especially with smooth scroll enabled. To deal with this, for image backgrounds generated internally by library tree such as blur backgrounds or those generated by single panel SMP themes like Georgia Reborn, library tree seamlessly overlays a segment of the image background to hide the scroll items. In your case an external image is being used which library tree has no access to. There used to be a window.GetBackgroundImage() method which would have overcome this, but that was removed pre-SMP.

Consequently, in pseudotransparent mode the default is to use a solid overlay. You can choose the colour. Alternatively, the top bar can be hidden and in layout metrics the margin override top/bottom (no top bar) set to 0. These are in the display tab.

It is possible to make a few changes to the code so that when scroll has ended, no unwanted scroll items are in the top bar. But during scrolling, with smooth scrolling enabled, without an overlay they will pass through the top bar. Smooth scrolling can be switched, to stop that, but IMO that's inferior for images. If you want to try I can pm you code changes.

Another possibility might be to somehow or other get the background image to library tree.

Reply #570
Panel Settings > Album Art > Reset page, popup error

Reply #571
I get this error after adding a hd with many files.

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({4CFD4EB2-C344-4DC5-9598-D8408275F02F}: Library Tree v2.4.0 by WilB)
Script aborted by user

File: library.js
Line: 127, Column: 28
Stack trace:
  added@library.js:127:28
  updateLibrary@library.js:1059:32
  treeState@library.js:1047:15
  on_library_items_added@callbacks.js:88:6

Following

out of memory

Reply #572
Another error report:

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 (Biography: Biography v1.4.1 by WilB)
f is null

File: text.js
Line: 1362, Column: 23
Stack trace:
  getItemProperties/<@text.js:1362:23
  getItemProperties@text.js:1315:8
  txtReader@text.js:2374:42
  getText@text.js:1581:28
  on_size@text.js:2134:8
  on_size@callbacks.js:554:6

Reply #573
1) Search text: selected background colour
code change

2)  Scrolling
transparant top bar

Hi WilB,

1) The code change did the trick. I don't know how I can alter the chosen background for selected text, but it is a lot better now.
May I suggest that it will be an option under options  - custom in the upcoming release?

2) Sounds complicated :-)
It's not an option for me to hide the topbar. I need it to quickly find stuff I want to play.
For now I just choose a opaque colour that is similar to the rest of the top parts of the other panels.

I normally start with painting a gradient in the available area per panel (restricted by a dark bezel, accent colour and selectable hor/ver padding) and than display art based on the current playing artist/title selectable by a textbutton. Choices are OFF, artistpic (customizable per artist and/or artist/track), two different artistlogo's, artistcountryflag, recordlabel, cover (embedded preferred). Sounds complicated to communicate that to LibTree.
So for now I think I'll just stick to 29,45,58 no transparancy for the topbar.

Thx for the workaround!

Question: How is the horizontal size of the topbar calculated (cannot find it in options)? I would like to have it the same height as the topbar above my ELP/ESP. I'm using 22 pixels x windowsScaling. So either I adjust your topbar height or I adjust mine.

Reply #574
Just started using it yesterday, a delightful panel.

There is a problem

1. displaying the number of tracks as follows - if there is a cue and an image in the folder, then plus one is displayed, not an example: 10 tracks in the cue then 11 are displayed

2. how to display in the right column with a file structure not only the number of tracks in the folder but the

number of artists  •  the number of albums  •  the number of tracks