Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lyricsgrabber2 Feedback & Discussion (Read 162085 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyricsgrabber2 Feedback & Discussion

Reply #25
I think I have found it in code where pygrabber/system is accessed. I will see to it that it works when put in the profile. There is already an existing pygrabber folder with libs and scripts folders in it. Scrips can already be copied over and work. So there won't be the possibility to have an pygrabber folder in the foobar2000 folder anymore...
...does this change make sense to you?

Yes!

Reply #26
@Hitchhiker:

I see.. well it didn't seem to be ecessary before they changed the site again... Anyway, better to implement a few alternatives, and just use the "search all" button to really get the lyrics.
As of now, Darklyrics is in and LyricsPlugin, for the time being, until a fix is know, out. But until there are more implemented, I won't make a release.

@Grimes and the others:

You all have your wish. the system folder, previously to be installed into the foobar directory, now goes to the profile directory (<profile>\pygrabber\system).

Reply #27
@wolfsong:
What do you mean?

One of the problems I've run into with both the original and the new version of Lyricsgrabber is that neither found results when the ARTIST field had multiple values. An example would be "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie. With ID3 tags you can save both artists in the ARTIST field using a separator (in Foobar a semicolon but in some apps a comma). Ideally , Lyricsgrabber would do a search on each value but more than likely the first value would probably return a successful result. Thanks.

Reply #28
I see.
Is that some kind of convention that multiple values are always separated by a semicolon in foobar?

Problem is, though, I don't have a song like that, so it would be hard to test it.

Reply #29
I see.
Is that some kind of convention that multiple values are always separated by a semicolon in foobar?

Problem is, though, I don't have a song like that, so it would be hard to test it.

To my understanding yes it is. Actually T.P Wang responded to the request but development stopped.

I'm fairly sure it would be simple to test with an existing file where the lyrics can be successfully found and adding a semicolon and a value to the ARTIST field. Right now I know that this will automatically fail to find results since the ARTIST field most likely is not parsed.

Reply #30
That's an intresting idea. I will test it that way!

Edit: I've just tried it out and found a problem with that approach... The thing is I get it as a comma.. unless there is a way to determine it is truly multi value, rather than a comma in the tag, I am forced to first check it as is, and then, if that failed, probably splitting it apart... Hopefully there is a variable that tells me it is multi value.

Reply #33
That's an intresting idea. I will test it that way!

Edit: I've just tried it out and found a problem with that approach... The thing is I get it as a comma.. unless there is a way to determine it is truly multi value, rather than a comma in the tag, I am forced to first check it as is, and then, if that failed, probably splitting it apart... Hopefully there is a variable that tells me it is multi value.
You can use the file_info interface class for this.

Reply #34
Thank you. That is exactly what I tried and found to be a very convenient method

Edit:
From now on forth, this is implemented in all built-in providers. Mind, that Python Scripts are not affected as it is up to the author how they work.

Reply #35
Hi Folks,

I have a quick question for you...

What do you prefer:
  • Configuration in Foobar's Preferences only
  • Configuration in Context Menu only
  • Configuration in both

I personally think, in Foobar's Preferences is enough and better than the original, that is only accessible through the context menu.

Reply #36
I'd say preferences only, since the configuration doesn't depend on the song you right click on.

Thanks for this component. Am I right in thinking this is the most up to date plugin for searching lyrics?

Reply #37
I'd say preferences only, since the configuration doesn't depend on the song you right click on.

Thanks for this component. Am I right in thinking this is the most up to date plugin for searching lyrics?

Err.. I don't really know. But since the last Update was 2 Days ago, possibly. But unfortunately there are only a few providers, as LyricsPlugin changed, as stated a few times.

And yes, I share your opinion, preferences have nothing to do with a song, but with the plugin itself. Thank you.

Reply #39
Agreed, foobar preferences.

Reply #40
Very well. Done

The newest release is up and can be found here

Unfortunately I am unable to edit the first post for the change log so I will put it here:

Code: [Select]
0.3.5.0 Beta:
  - foo_lyricsgrabber2:
    - fixed in config windows quite to quiet
    - added Darklyrics to the providers
    - added AZ Lyrics to the providers
    - added LyrDB
    - removed lyricsplugin until a fix is known
    - adjusted processbar for "search all"-function
    - Added support for multi value Artist tags
    - Added configuration page to preferences
    - Removed some typos
    - Moved configuration to preferences

- foo_grabber_python:
    - changed system path to foobar2000 profile

0.3.2.0 Alpha:
  - Context Menu isn't in the legacy commands section anymore
  - Added "Search All" to the Context Menu to provide a one-click method to search all built-in providers
  - Compiled against the new SDK (05/21/2010)

So, quite a bit has happend. And I guess, for the time being, those 3 Providers plus those available through python, is okay. Also this time it is a little more Foobar 1.1 compliant as everything can be installed to the profile folder (including python25.dll)  Have fun

Reply #43
Hmm...I see lyrics in both Firefox and IE :S

Reply #44
As it seems, this site is very location-based. As Some in the US had an www.tunedrankings.com link at the bottom of ther lyrics attached.
Anyway, as there are now 3 Providers built-in I guess most of the songs get their lyrics  Hopefully.

Very strange.. with IE, I get them also... But I don't seem to get them using the plugin...

Reply #45
http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/plugi...;title=Somebody

seems to be working for me without any additional parameters, just have to ditch content.php

Try looking at the page source of the link you posted.  The lyrics aren't there.  When you visit that site, a bit of javascript pulls the lyrics from content.php and inserts them into the body of the page you're viewing.  Unfortunately, without calling content.php, we don't have access to the lyrics.

Reply #46
http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/plugi...;title=Somebody

seems to be working for me without any additional parameters, just have to ditch content.php

Try looking at the page source of the link you posted.  The lyrics aren't there.  When you visit that site, a bit of javascript pulls the lyrics from content.php and inserts them into the body of the page you're viewing.  Unfortunately, without calling content.php, we don't have access to the lyrics.

But now the real joke... When using Internet Explorer.. I get the lyrics.. with that same link
Hm, as it seems, it is the javascript at it's work... You're right, no lyrics in the source code...

Reply #47
Thanks for the update. Works beautifully!

Reply #49
Oh yeah, and thanks for the update.  There are some nice changes in there.

I messaged the one guy who maintains the alternative server for Leo's Lyrics but haven't received a reply.