Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CommandLine in RazorLame (Read 5288 times) previous topic - next topic

CommandLine in RazorLame

Hi!!! 

I saw this configuration for razorlame -V2 --vbr-new -q0 --lowpass 19.7 -b96 and want to know what is -b96?

and whether it is advisable to use?

I used lame 3.97

thanks for your help.

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #2
Thanks terry, one more questions??? is recomemended to use?, or what commandline options for vbr can I used.

thanks again.

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #3
Thanks terry, one more questions??? is recomemended to use?

Only advisable if you have knowledge and/or reasons above and beyond the developers who created LAME.  In otherwords - if you have to ask the answer, a very clear-cut "no". 
Creature of habit.

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #4
Thanks Soap.

and what commandline then it should use? for razorlame with lame 3.97

thanks

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #5
1) -V2 --vbr-new
2) BTW why 3.97 and not 3.98.2?

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #6
Because I do not feel very safe to use...Why????, I don't know maybe because I see enough information from the 3.97.

I used -V2 --vbr-new -q0 --lowpass 19 with razorlame what do you think about?

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #7
I used -V2 --vbr-new -q0 --lowpass 19 with razorlame what do you think about?

I tried LAME 3.97 with "-V2 --vbr-new -q0 --lowpass 19" and "-V2 --vbr-new": no differences.

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #8
Thanks

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #9
I can't think of any good reason not to use the latest stable version of LAME.

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #10
  Ok, let me a good frontend with command line to use with the latest stable version of lame

Question?
Why a lot of people still used 3.97 to compress newest cd

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #11
If you switch to 3.98.2 then you can omit the --vbr-new from your command line. That is now the default.

If by a lot of people you mean a lot of people who don't keep up with the latest information then you have your answer. 3.98.2 has been the recommended version for some months now.

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #13
Ok, I understand, but tell me a goodFrontend to compress with lame 3.98.2

CommandLine in RazorLame

Reply #14
foobar2000 is a great program for mass-file conversion. Otherwise, it's fairly simple to create a batch script and drag-and-drop.