Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAudioConverter (Read 315448 times) previous topic - next topic

TAudioConverter

Reply #425
TAudioConverter don't manage to embed album art into Opus-files. Tags are fine. MediaInfo problem?

I couldn't find a switch for it.

Also, copying artwork seems to be the cause of huge memory usage. If you don't need it, please disable it. I couldn't find the source of the problem yet.

TAudioConverter

Reply #426
Update:

-Added: Seperate 32bit and 64bit builds
-Added: Temp. wav files will be used again instead of stdin/stdout
-Added: SoX is added to package
-Added: Portable TAC will now save logs under "logs" folder (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Added: Some changes to info window
-Added: TAC will now delet temp wav files after encoding is done or stopped
-Added: TAC now won't write date to empty log entries
-Added: Support for sampling rates 96khz and 192khz (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Added: Option to jump latest files in progress list
-Fixed: Using FFMpeg as encoder caused channel problems
-Updated: FLAC to 1.3.0

Homepage: http://taudioconverter.sourceforge.net/

TAudioConverter

Reply #427
Thanks

Update:

-Added: Seperate 32bit and 64bit builds
-Added: Temp. wav files will be used again instead of stdin/stdout
-Added: SoX is added to package
-Added: Portable TAC will now save logs under "logs" folder (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Added: Some changes to info window
-Added: TAC will now delet temp wav files after encoding is done or stopped
-Added: TAC now won't write date to empty log entries
-Added: Support for sampling rates 96khz and 192khz (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Added: Option to jump latest files in progress list
-Fixed: Using FFMpeg as encoder caused channel problems
-Updated: FLAC to 1.3.0

Homepage: http://taudioconverter.sourceforge.net/

TAudioConverter

Reply #428
Any feedback about 64bit-32bit seperation would be nice. This is the first time I compiled for 64bit, I tested as much as I could but if you have any problems please report.

TAudioConverter

Reply #429
Thanks for new build, Ozok! Much great new stuff
Is it possible to add support for tagging .APE and .WAV? Would be good to use every supported format without losing tags. Same goes with .WAV.

Bug:
- log_encoderx.txt is not stored in "logs"-folder

Request:
- Always possible to change filename on output based on tags. Now we have to choose "custom folder tree" for this field to be editable.

TAudioConverter

Reply #430
@o-l-a-v saving logs to "log" folder works only for portable version. Do you mean "full folder tree"+"only file name based on tags"?

Edit:
APE encoder MAC.exe doesn't have any switches AFAIK to set tags. If there is a command lines tool that can tag ape files, I can add this. FFMpeg writes tags to WAV output files at my end.

TAudioConverter

Reply #431
Nice work, ozok.

Looking forward to support of new TAK 2.3.0 when it's out of beta. I just might re-encode my library. 

TAudioConverter

Reply #432
@o-l-a-v saving logs to "log" folder works only for portable version. Do you mean "full folder tree"+"only file name based on tags"?

Edit:
APE encoder MAC.exe doesn't have any switches AFAIK to set tags. If there is a command lines tool that can tag ape files, I can add this. FFMpeg writes tags to WAV output files at my end.

I use portable. I always read change log, so i saw that difference myself  It creates "logs"-folder, but encoder logs is saved to root folder of TAC
I ment only that i want to be able to rename the converted files, without having to choose a custom folder tree. I've already chosen a output folder on the main screen.

TAudioConverter

Reply #433
@o-l-a-v you are right of course. Moreover, it saves half of the logs in program folder and other half in the "logs" folder (command lines in the logs folder, console outputs in the program folder) :doublefacepalm:.

TAudioConverter

Reply #434
I'll be free this weekend so I can release a bug fix for that bug then.

TAudioConverter

Reply #435
Hi ozok,

Thanks for making your nice app. It's easy to use and has many high quality theming options. Nice fade and min/max effects in the gui, too.

I have a request:

Would you mind expanding the options for LAME MP3 encoding? What I would like to request is a dropdown box that lists the various channel modes available with LAME. Right now, there appears to be no choice, and it automatically converts to Joint Stereo mode. Would you mind expanding that at least to:

- Mono
- Stereo (Simple Stereo)
- Joint Stereo
- Dual Mono (also called Dual Channels)

Joint Stereo is good for most things (music, etc.) but the other modes can be very useful and really should be included for your app to become an audiophile's favorite  For example, I sometimes use Dual Channels (where it basically encodes the two L + R channels completely independently. At higher bitrates and in certain applications this is very handy.

Thank you.

EDIT:

I just got the following error when I tried to close TAC from my taskbar (this is using the portable x64 version on Win7 x64):

TAudioConverter

Reply #436
@Trinket you can ignore that warning at the end, I forgot to switch off a debugging parameter. I added channel option request to my to-do list, it'll probably will be added to next release.

TAudioConverter

Reply #437
@Trinket you can ignore that warning at the end, I forgot to switch off a debugging parameter. I added channel option request to my to-do list, it'll probably will be added to next release.

Thank you, ozok 

TAudioConverter

Reply #438
Ozok:

I tried to convert 24bit 96kHz FLAC (4 albums) into 16bit 48kHz FLAC using latest TAudioConverter portable 64bit. After about 50% were finished, i got a error message:

Code: [Select]
---------------------------
Unexpected Memory Leak
An unexpected memory leak has occurred. The unexpected small block leaks are:

1 - 8 bytes: Unknown x 1
25 - 40 bytes: TList x 2
41 - 56 bytes: TPen x 1, TMargins x 1, TBrush x 2, TSizeConstraints x 1, TIconImage x 1, TPadding x 1, Unknown x 2
57 - 72 bytes: TGlassFrame x 1, TTouchManager x 1, TFont x 2, Unknown x 1
73 - 88 bytes: TControlScrollBar x 2
89 - 104 bytes: TIcon x 1
169 - 184 bytes: TControlCanvas x 1, Unknown x 1
1497 - 1640 bytes: TForm x 1

OK 

TAudioConverter

Reply #439
Where are output path settings? I mean destination folder formatting and filename formatting like D:/%album%/%track% %artist% %title% - could I get format like this? How?
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

TAudioConverter

Reply #440
@o-l-a-v did this error prevent you from encoding files? It should be seen after you close the program.

@Steve Forte Rio Settings>Encoding>Check "Create output structure in output"> Select "Custom folder tree" from drop-down menu> two text fields at bottom becomes activated

TAudioConverter

Reply #441
@o-l-a-v did this error prevent you from encoding files? It should be seen after you close the program.

@Steve Forte Rio Settings>Encoding>Check "Create output structure in output"> Select "Custom folder tree" from drop-down menu> two text fields at bottom becomes activated

Preventing me from encoding files. Only some completed, the program itself force closed after pressing "Ok" on this message.

TAudioConverter

Reply #442
More bugs have appeared. 64bit portable version:
- Even though i use x64 version of TAC, and have LAME in both 32bit and 64bit versions, TAC chooses to use the 32bit version of the encoder.
- Randomly some mp3's I made today just got about 80kb big (Only tags i guess. From 44,1khz 16bit FLAC). No errors, no interruptions. Sucks, cause now i have to manually go through my lossy collection to find which files was faulty encoded, and re-encode and replace...
- TAC can't handle the "artist"-tag of some flac files. I haven't found a pattern and retag with "Tag Scanner" for instance, won't do. Just re-encode, then re-tag is the only solution. Several artists sepperated with "," sometimes reproduces the problem

TAudioConverter

Reply #443
Some things I noticed

- "copy tags from source" is ticked, but replay gain tags are not copied (should be possible for lossless -> lossless conversions)
- converting to same folder as source doesn't prompt to overwrite, saving the file as _1, is it possible to have an option to overwrite files?
- after conversion, the output file field becomes active even though "same as source" is still ticked

Is it possible to add the flaccl encoder in the future? libflac is still rather slow even with 4 threads (3:42 vs 1:03 for ~2,7GB)

TAudioConverter

Reply #444
@o-l-a-v error message with memory leaks won't appear in the next release, I forgot to turn off a debugging switch while working on artwork related memory leak.
About your other post,
-Since TAC now has 32 and 64bit builds, names of encoder do not include _64 any more in both builds. So, lame.exe that comes with 64bit TAC is, well, 64bit even if its name is lame.exe.
-Does lame report a warning/error related to this? Maybe mediainfo fails to extract tags?
-It's strange that error is limited to one tag field only. I'll try to reproduce it with faulty title tags (with "," in them).

@ChronoSphere
-Yes TAC doesn't have any support for replaygain in any way yet (I don't know if any of the encoders copy or write that info to output themselves, I don't care for replaygain). I plan to add it though one way or other.
-Added to-do list.
-I can reproduce that problem. It'll be fixed with the next version.

Thank you both.

TAudioConverter

Reply #445
@ChronoSphere I'll try to see if I can add flaccl.

@o-l-a-v I couldn't reproduce problem with ",". I tried to convert a flac file (44.1KHz, 16bit) to mp3 and no errors occured. Can you send a problematic sample? My sample's artist was "artis1, artist2, artist3".

TAudioConverter

Reply #446
@ChronoSphere
-Yes TAC doesn't have any support for replaygain in any way yet (I don't know if any of the encoders copy or write that info to output themselves, I don't care for replaygain).

I'm not sure how it's done, but cuetools can copy replaygain info as well if you tick the "copy custom tags", so it should be possible somehow.

TAudioConverter

Reply #447
@ChronoSphere
-Yes TAC doesn't have any support for replaygain in any way yet (I don't know if any of the encoders copy or write that info to output themselves, I don't care for replaygain).

I'm not sure how it's done, but cuetools can copy replaygain info as well if you tick the "copy custom tags", so it should be possible somehow.

I guess it would need a different tagging "engine" for it to work. Foobar can do it too!

TAudioConverter

Reply #448
It can't, actually (or I haven't figured out how). You only have an option to scan the files after conversion, but that will mess up the album gain unless you only transcode complete albums, since it only bases the gain on the tracks that were transcoded together. Adding another track from the same album later on would mean rescanning again =/

TAudioConverter

Reply #449
Looks like flac.exe has an option "--replay-gain" which makes it calculate and write track and album RG values as tags, but I'm not sure how it computes album RG value. I added it as an option for the time being but I'll also look for a way to copy it from source for encoders that support it.