Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC + EAC = FAQ? (Read 5672 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC + EAC = FAQ?

Is there any FAQ with parameters for grabbing CDs into FLAC using EAC "external encoder" feature?
/aim

FLAC + EAC = FAQ?

Reply #3
Tutorial: EAC + Flac, Wavpack, ape etc: www.high-quality.ch.vu , go to Lossless guide.

eacs commandline would be eg:

-8 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -T "comment=High Quality, EAC secure, Lossless flac " %s

http://www.angelfire.com/magic2/hq-audio/l...g-eac-flac.html

FLAC + EAC = FAQ?

Reply #4
I used the above command line and it worked flawlessly for me, thanks!

The only drawback (IMOHO), is that it did not give me a "results" message prior to closing the command line window.  I checked the file size vs. the same CD track I had done using FLAC w/FLAC Frontend manually, and they are identical.

Two questions:

1.  Does this command line include or turn off Replaygain?  I DO NOT like Replaygain so prefer to have it switched off.

2.  Is there a way to still see the verification window using this automated FLAC compression option in EAC?

Here is an example of what I normally get to see (of course I have to do each CD manually this way), although this is a bad example since it was a quickie just for this post and does not include the album title, year, etc since I only did this one wav file:

FLAC + EAC = FAQ?

Reply #5
1.  Does this command line include or turn off Replaygain?  I DO NOT like Replaygain so prefer to have it switched off.

2.  Is there a way to still see the verification window using this automated FLAC compression option in EAC?

1. ReplayGain calculation is off by default. "--replay-gain" is the command to enable it.

2. If "EAC > EAC Options > Tools tab > Do not open external compressor window" is unchecked, the window will open while compression is running. I don't know of any way to keep it from closing automatically when the compression is done.

FLAC + EAC = FAQ?

Reply #6
The only drawback (IMOHO), is that it did not give me a "results" message prior to closing the command line window.  I checked the file size vs. the same CD track I had done using FLAC w/FLAC Frontend manually, and they are identical.

Since you are using the -V switch, then you should also enable the option "Compression options/External Compression/Check for external programs return code". That option will make EAC display a warning dialog if flac.exe's verification fails... Besides checking this option in EAC if using the -V switch, then theres no need to look at flac.exe's CLI output...