Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why are FLAC options so different from METAFLAC options? (Read 3045 times) previous topic - next topic

Why are FLAC options so different from METAFLAC options?

I wanted to try and use FLACCL with EAC, using the description given in the FLACCL thread. But, I ran into a major issue because I couldn't fit all of the wanted tag setting options in the limited space provided by EAC. The reason is because the FLAC tag setting option is "-T " (3 characters), while the METAFLAC tag setting option is "--set-tag=" (10 characters). So, every tag option eats up 7 more characters of valuable option line space within EAC. Any idea as to why METAFLAC can't have the same short option names like FLAC? Has anyone ever asked the developers of FLAC/METAFLAC why the big difference in the option lists?

I know... get EAC to open up the character length of the option field. I just don't see that happening any time soon. I new version of EAC hasn't come out in ages and the author doesn't respond to e-mails.

Thanks for any insight into this issue will be appreciated.