Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool (Read 388900 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool

Reply #25
hi,

nice app, thx for your efford. heres an issues i noticed regarding recursive transcoding:

switched recursive to on in settings
input c:\mp3
output c:\aac
if input folder doesnt got subfolders, it works just fine. but if it does it just skips all files and says encoding complete

c:\mp3\1\2\3\test.mp3 should give c:\aac\1\2\3\test.aac, maybe its a destination folder issue

regards

Reply #26
Did u see all files in the directories and sub-directories added into encode list? If they are in the list, they will be processed one by one. The output will not contain directory, that is, in your case, c:\mp3\1\2\3\test.mp3 will output to c:\aac\test.mp3.

hi,

nice app, thx for your efford. heres an issues i noticed regarding recursive transcoding:

if input folder doesnt got subfolders, it works just fine. but if it does it just skips all files and says encoding complete

c:\mp3\1\2\3\test.mp3 should give c:\aac\1\2\3\test.aac, maybe its a destination folder issue

regards
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=327245"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #27
Greetings! aacPLUS v2 encoding not working on WinXP SP2. It is giving me the error aacplus encoder cannot be opened. I tried uninstalling winamp. But still the same error. Helix encoding works.

Error: Error starting AACplus encoder
Error: AACplus encoder failed to start

Then I tried on another computer with WinXP SP1 and it works there.

Please kindly provide some solution as soon as you can. 

It would be great if you can include the VP6.2 video codec and combine it with aacPLUS v2 audio to give the Winamp video NSV file. I think winamp are still not supporting vp7 in nsv. on2 vp7 and aacplus v2 combination would be the best quality in the world for video at low bitrates. So unfortunate that macromedia flash did not include vp7 and aacplus v2 support in their version 8.

Reply #28
Greetings! aacPLUS v2 encoding not working on WinXP SP2. It is giving me the error aacplus encoder cannot be opened. I tried uninstalling winamp. But still the same error. Helix encoding works.

Then I tried on another computer with WinXP SP1 and it works there.

Please kindly provide some solution as soon as you can.  

It would be great if you can include the VP6.2 video codec and combine it with aacPLUS v2 audio to give the Winamp video NSV file. I think winamp are still not supporting vp7 in nsv. on2 vp7 and aacplus v2 combination would be the best quality in the world for video at low bitrates. So unfortunate that macromedia flash did not include vp7 and aacplus v2 support in their version 8.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=327273"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm developing this tool on WinXP SP2 and has not experienced your problem. Please check the settings for AAC+ encoding, for example, if you choose Parametric Stereo and set the bitrate over 48kbps, AAC+ encoder will deny to work. I will add more specific messages in the future to indicate which error it is.
Unlike audio encoding, video encoding is all done by MEncoder now. However, if you can provide me a tool (better a CLI) that supports VP6.2, I can easily integrate it into MEnc.

Reply #29
Error in 0.2.2 is:

The Error in  MEnc 0.2.351 is:
Error starting encoder
& then a Blank Error

Even OGG and FAAC encoding are giving the same error as the aacPLUS though Helix, CLI, Lame,  & PCM encoding works fine. Does that give you some hint about why the encoder is not starting for these three? I just don't know what is the problem?    Is there any problem with starting the enc_aacplus.dll . I have tried all means.  I tried to extract the rar files in different directories, tried different settings, nothing works. It gives the error Error starting encoder. One difference between the other system and this system is that it was ntfs and this is fat32. I don't think whether that should play a role. Please Please let there be some solution.

I'm developing this tool on WinXP SP2 and has not experienced your problem. Please check the settings for AAC+ encoding, for example, if you choose Parametric Stereo and set the bitrate over 48kbps, AAC+ encoder will deny to work. I will add more specific messages in the future to indicate which error it is.

I have been trying with always lesser bitrates like 24 kbs, 16 kbps etc. for PS and never higher than 48 kbps.  Please help 

Reply #30
I've released a full package which contains the latest version of MEnc and all the encoder binaries currently supported and placed in the right place. It should be easier to use. Download at top.

Reply #31
hi,

This bug is fixed in 0.2.5

Reply #32
I have been trying so hard to download this app but so far, no download    If its possible, can you please provide a mirror for this???

Reply #34
Brilliant! Thanks for the mirror!

Reply #35
Optimus,do you planning to include(in some newer build) the future version of Nero AAC codec,which is arrive on the market in late October.

Reply #36
Optimus,do you planning to include(in some newer build) the future version of Nero AAC codec,which is arrive on the market in late October.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328246"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It won't be difficult, as long as I can get some code utilizing it or some info about its interface.

Reply #37
Greetings Optimus! I installed the new version 0.2.5 and still the same error while starting aacPLUS v2 encoding:

"Error starting encoding. This may due to incorrect encoding settings."

I also tried in another computer where it worked for a few times previously and now it has started giving the same error.

I do not know what is wrong. I have sent you the menc.dat file. I hope this will help to solve the problem. Is any other software which I have, clashing with MEnc or the aacPLus dll? I had problems with the Winamp Transcoder plugin which crashed Winamp and had to reinstall Winamp to make it work. I have uninstalled it now but maybe it has left some registry entry somewhere.

Is anyone having the same problem or is it working well for everyone else? 

Reply #38
Greetings Optimus! I installed the new version 0.2.5 and still the same error while starting aacPLUS v2 encoding:

"Error starting encoding. This may due to incorrect encoding settings."

I also tried in another computer where it worked for a few times previously and now it has started giving the same error.

I do not know what is wrong. I have sent you the menc.dat file. I hope this will help to solve the problem. Is any other software which I have, clashing with MEnc or the aacPLus dll? I had problems with the Winamp Transcoder plugin which crashed Winamp and had to reinstall Winamp to make it work. I have uninstalled it now but maybe it has left some registry entry somewhere.

Is anyone having the same problem or is it working well for everyone else? 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328297"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've just tested with menc.dat u sent me. Everthing is smooth. At this time I still cannot figure out what's going wrong on your system. I will try testing MEnc on more systems to see if there is the same problem.

Reply #39
And maybe u could try encoding with Helix Producer, to see if it works. It also produces HE-AAC (without Parametric Stereo at this time).

Reply #40
hi,

This bug is fixed in 0.2.5
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=327485"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thx for the update, working fine now. any plans for implementing an option to keep the subfolder structure input->output?

Reply #41
thx for the update, working fine now. any plans for implementing an option to keep the subfolder structure input->output?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328342"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Any need from users can be my plan.

Reply #42
hehe ok, so here you go:

i need an option to keep the subfolder structure input->output

what about aac+v2 mp4 container and on top of that mp3 idtag-> mp4 tag? any plans/ideas?

regards

Reply #43
Brilliant tool! Very convenient, thanks a lot! Appreciated.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #44
hehe ok, so here you go:

i need an option to keep the subfolder structure input->output

This won't be difficult to implement

what about aac+v2 mp4 container and on top of that mp3 idtag-> mp4 tag? any plans/ideas?

regards
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328350"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If u can provide me any CLI tool to do this job, I'm willing to integrate it, or tagging will be done in later time.

Reply #45
Brilliant tool! Very convenient, thanks a lot! Appreciated.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328358"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm very glad to see it's useful for people other than myself 

Reply #46
well the obvious solution for adding a raw aac file to a mp4 container would be mp4box. i looked at the meta options but couldnt find anything about tagging. im no mp4 expert, but it seems those audio tags are itunes specific. here's a cli tool i found for tagging mp4files (incl source): http://kurtnoise.free.fr/mp4tools/tg_mp4tagger.zip

regards

Reply #47
Here is an update that supports directory structure output and added FLAC encoder support. Please put flac.exe in "codecs" directory to enable FLAC encoding.

Reply #48
thx optimus, much appreciated
first few transcodingtest worked like a charm with multiple subfolder levels.

regards

Reply #49
thx optimus, much appreciated
first few transcodingtest worked like a charm with multiple subfolder levels.

regards
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328780"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is bug related with output filename when only one file is in the list.  Fixed it in build 26. Download at top.