Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 778503 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #200
I have a pretty standard foobar setup, only using foo_facets component.

Can anyone help me find what's causing this tab to be created? It seems to appear randomly and contains the last album I played.

Cheers

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #201
Might be 'selection playlist' renamed at some time in the past.
How are your facet Library preferences set? Any set to send to selection playlist?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #202
That worked, thanks alot.

It was facets automatically creating a new playlist, double clicking my music was sending to playlist.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #203
Awesome component! Love the statistics columns and filter, no more need for autoplaylist

Small request:
- Keep "Summary Item" always visible, similar to SimPlaylist "Pin when scrolling".

Big request: though not sure whether it's possible
- Auto navigate
e.g when I'm listening to one track and navigating somewhere else or listening to random playlist, on 1 click Facets could use the information of the playing track and selecting the appropriate columns entry.
So if I have 3 panes genre|artist|album, then I could get genre2|artist4|album4 and library selection of album4. Extremely useful by big collection.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #204
... when I'm listening to one track and navigating somewhere else or listening to random playlist, on 1 click Facets could use the information of the playing track and selecting the appropriate columns entry.
A lovely idea! 

In regard to the empty space between groups: If you decide to remove the empty space so please make it optional - i like the design decision in simplaylist.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #205
Little Bug when using right mouse in facets to get context menue (facets 1.0 beta 7):

When setting: selection action "Send to selection playlist, keep playing playlist (default)" right mouse click changes the playlist also instead of only showing the context menue.   

This behavior does not appear when setting: double-click action: "Send to selection playlist, keep playing playlist (default)". In this setting it's only showing the context menue whithout changing the playlist (what it should be).

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #206
Isn't that behaviour normal rather than abug? It is so in album list and old facets: a rightclick also selects an entry like a leftclick.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #207
Isn't that behaviour normal rather than abug? It is so in album list and old facets: a rightclick also selects an entry like a leftclick.

Normal? A rightclick shouldn't select anything because the user wants to choose one of these things from context menue:
- send to a new playlist
- send to an autoplaylist
- add to current playlist
and so on...

But: how to add to a current playlist when the playlist changes at the moment of rightclick?
IMHO that's not ok!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #208
Don't get me wrong! That is indeed extremely annoying what you've described and probably the main reason i would never use the selection playlist for a singleclick. I just wanted to say: that behaviour existed always and not only in facets so it is not a bug!

Edit
How would you apply a rightclick on more than one entry without selecting them? Impossible? Yes!

Edit 2
I took a look in Cui and its filterwhere you have following behaviour: a rightclick selects a single entry without sending it to the selection playlist. So you have a contradictory phenomen where the selection is not sended to its playlist.

To sum up the two edits: There can't be a nice solution for all that apart from getting rid of these selection playlists.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #209
In the old version it was possible to "find as you type". Like selecting the artist column and typing eg "The Smiths" would jump to that artist. In the new version though I can't get any further than "The" since the space key now seems to select/deselect the current item. Having about 180 artists starting with "The" I found the old behavior more useful.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #210
wihile holding shift-key a doubleclick adds the selection to the current playlist whatever the settings for middle/doubleclick in facets preferences are. Is that a feature or unintended behaviour?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #211
Would you be able to add "Album Play Count" as another "Statistics" option? Or would that be more complicated than just "Played" divided by total tracks rounded to the nearest whole number?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #212
hey frank,

i wrote some time ago that i encountered frequent foobar crashes while using facets. however, i failed to provide any further information which is why nothing more came out of it. yet i'm living with this horribly annoying unstable foobar for 2 months now and it starts to piss me off massively :-) so i guess i'm motivated enough now to provide you the necessary information.

1) Crash Log
I cannot provide one since I do not encounter any "foobar has crashed - click here to send a bug report" dialogue. Maybe the procedure has changed and there is some other way to retrieve a crash log? I am happy to undertake the necessary steps if you'd provide me a guide.

2) The behaviour that leads to the crash
- there is some (any) track being played back by foobar. *i think* it doesn't crash if there is nothing being played. all track possibly being played are located on my local harddrive.
- i open the facets tab with 4 columns (ltr): date+subitems > album artist > album > track
- i search for an artist and/or select several items in several facets columns, i.e. filter them
- foobar continues playing back, but the ui freezes completely to the point at which windows 7 blures out the content of the window and offers a "search for solution" window
- after closing and restarting foobar i am presented with an option to choose between "safe mode", "troubleshooting" and "start normally"
- "troubleshooting" reveals no problematic components

- it doesn't need to happen after the first search/filtering action but it is bound to happen within ~ten seperate search/filter actions
- *i think* the last action to happen is always a filter option. however, not every search condition leads to the possibility of a crash after filtering within it
- during the search/filtering actions (bulding up to but not necessarily resulting directly in a freeze) the gui freezes for the split of a second, being intuitively explained by queries to the database. it's "nothing" but it sensibly disturbs the work flow. don't know if that has any indication.
- after the currently playing track ends, there will be no consecutive track played if a crash has occured during the playback of the first track

3) System
OS
- Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
- no ipod connected (foo_dop)

Foobar/Library
- Foobar 1.1.8 beta3 (it happens since several versions, including stable versions)
- library size: 462 GB (44943 Tracks)
- all files on local harddrive

Installed components
Code: [Select]
Core (2011-07-29 18:31:28 UTC)
foobar2000 core 1.1.8 beta 3
foo_albumlist.dll (2011-07-29 10:50:28 UTC)
Album List 4.5
foo_audioscrobbler.dll (2011-06-26 18:44:21 UTC)
Audioscrobbler 1.4.7
foo_cdda.dll (2011-07-29 10:50:26 UTC)
CD Audio Decoder 3.0
foo_converter.dll (2011-07-29 10:50:06 UTC)
Converter 1.5
foo_discogs.dll (2011-06-26 18:44:19 UTC)
Discogs Tagger 1.29
foo_dop.dll (2011-06-26 18:44:15 UTC)
iPod manager 0.6.9.1
foo_dsp_std.dll (2011-07-29 10:50:30 UTC)
Standard DSP Array 1.0
foo_facets.dll (2011-07-31 18:11:56 UTC)
Facets 1.0 beta 7
foo_fileops.dll (2011-07-29 10:49:14 UTC)
File Operations 2.1.3
foo_freedb2.dll (2011-07-29 10:49:20 UTC)
freedb Tagger 0.6.4
foo_input_std.dll (2011-07-29 18:30:52 UTC)
Standard Input Array 1.0
foo_playcount.dll (2011-07-31 18:11:56 UTC)
Playback Statistics 3.0.2
foo_plorg.dll (2011-06-26 18:44:02 UTC)
Playlist Organizer 2.4
foo_podcatcher.dll (2011-06-26 18:43:58 UTC)
Podcatcher 0.2.5 (beta, Mar 12 2011)
foo_rgscan.dll (2011-07-29 10:50:06 UTC)
ReplayGain Scanner 2.1.2
foo_simplaylist.dll (2011-07-31 18:11:56 UTC)
SimPlaylist 1.0 beta 7
foo_textdisplay.dll (2011-06-26 18:43:51 UTC)
Text Display UI Element 1.1 beta 1
foo_ui_std.dll (2011-07-29 10:50:28 UTC)
Default User Interface 0.9.5
foo_unpack.dll (2011-07-29 10:49:38 UTC)
ZIP/GZIP/RAR Reader 1.6
foo_wave_seekbar.dll (2011-06-26 18:43:31 UTC)
Waveform seekbar 0.2.12

I would be really happy about any form of help. i depend on facets but it's slowly killing my soul.

Thanks.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #213
Frank,

I have experienced a similar problem as described in the post from tg2k3. My facet configuration is "conductor > band > artist > genre > album". I select a conductor and an album from the facets and start playing some songs. If while playing I select another album or any other facet value (i.e. change the facet selection) then fb2k crashes in a strange way. The song being played goes on until it ends but the UI gets frozen.

My OS is Windows XP Professional 64 bit SP2 and I'm using fb2k v1.1.7. My library is about 27000 songs, most of the flac (however, this problem happens no matter which codec the song's been encoded with).

Code: [Select]
Core (2011-06-05 09:16:20 UTC)
foobar2000 core 1.1.7
foo_abx.dll (2009-06-07 17:25:26 UTC)
ABX Comparator 1.3.4
foo_albumlist.dll (2011-06-05 09:14:24 UTC)
Album List 4.5
foo_bitcompare.dll (2008-12-05 18:08:02 UTC)
Binary Comparator 1.2
foo_cdda.dll (2011-06-05 09:14:20 UTC)
CD Audio Decoder 3.0
foo_converter.dll (2011-06-05 09:13:50 UTC)
Converter 1.5
foo_dbsearch.dll (2007-01-26 00:58:48 UTC)
Database Search 1.4
foo_dop.dll (2010-05-26 21:39:36 UTC)
iPod manager 0.6.7.8
foo_dsp_std.dll (2011-06-05 09:14:22 UTC)
Standard DSP Array 1.0
foo_facets.dll (2011-08-07 12:36:03 UTC)
Facets 1.0 beta 7
foo_fileops.dll (2011-06-05 09:13:12 UTC)
File Operations 2.1.3
foo_freedb2.dll (2011-06-05 09:13:14 UTC)
freedb Tagger 0.6.4
foo_input_alac.dll (2011-02-26 15:53:14 UTC)
ALAC Decoder 1.0.7
foo_input_monkey.dll (2011-08-07 12:36:03 UTC)
Monkey's Audio Decoder 2.1.5
foo_input_std.dll (2011-06-05 09:13:58 UTC)
Standard Input Array 1.0
foo_plorg.dll (2011-08-07 12:44:20 UTC)
Playlist Organizer 2.4
foo_podcatcher.dll (2010-04-24 11:44:10 UTC)
Podcatcher 0.1.7.4 (beta, Apr 24 2010)
foo_queuecontents.dll (2011-08-07 12:36:03 UTC)
Queue Contents Editor 0.4.3
foo_rgscan.dll (2011-06-05 09:13:54 UTC)
ReplayGain Scanner 2.1.2
foo_ui_columns.dll (2010-05-03 13:38:32 UTC)
Columns UI 0.3.8.6
foo_ui_std.dll (2011-06-05 09:14:24 UTC)
Default User Interface 0.9.5
foo_uie_albumlist.dll (2009-06-13 22:49:19 UTC)
Album list panel 0.3.5
foo_uie_lyrics2.dll (2010-04-12 23:19:24 UTC)
Lyric Show Panel 2 0.4.6.15
foo_unpack.dll (2011-06-05 09:13:24 UTC)
ZIP/GZIP/RAR Reader 1.6
foo_verifier.dll (2009-10-05 14:39:20 UTC)
File Integrity Verifier 1.1

One clue: it only seems to crash if the playlist being played is "Facet selection". That is as follows: if I'm playing "Album A" from the "Facet selection" playlist, the behaviour is as described above. If I'm playing the same album, but selected in some other way (for instance, from album list, or any other component), changing facet selections doesn't crash fb2k. I guess the problem is playing "Facet selection" playlist and changing what is selected in the facets. Hope this helps find the bug.

Please advise if you need me running some tests or trying some fix or giving you any further information (as tg2k3, I'm unable to get a crash report).

[EDIT] Going back to the previous version of facets (2008-02-25) doesn't show this problem.

Regards,

Alberto

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #214
Beta 7 works like a charm, any issues I experienced with previous versions are gone. Great work, Frank!

I have one suggestion however, which could be considered for the future. The default sort order for the playlists is set to %path_sort%. If it is possible, it would be more intuitive to have a default sort order exactly the same as the colums in the facets are configured. For example, if I have a facet with albums sorted by date|album and I click at the first row ("All") I would expect the albums to appear on the playlist in the same order they appear on the facet.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #215
this is wonderful; your software brings me pleasure literally daily.  Something useful to add would be custom sorting for each column - either like EsPlaylist and merely have a secondary title formatting field for each column, that clicking the column header would sort by; or, like the title formatting /queries wiki pages suggest, just support "SORT BY yadda yadda yadda" at the end of the column's own title formatting string. This'd absolutely make my day.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #216
Beta 8 reintegrates the reset button into the search box. "Search" now remains visible when the cursor is placed in the field. Appearance may differ depending on Windows version and visual style.

As always, bug fixes are listed in the first post.

In the old version it was possible to "find as you type". Like selecting the artist column and typing eg "The Smiths" would jump to that artist. In the new version though I can't get any further than "The" since the space key now seems to select/deselect the current item. Having about 180 artists starting with "The" I found the old behavior more useful.

Fixed, thank you.

wihile holding shift-key a doubleclick adds the selection to the current playlist whatever the settings for middle/doubleclick in facets preferences are. Is that a feature or unintended behaviour?

The idea was to perform the same action as Shift+Enter. I can see how this might be annoying, and have changed double-clicks to ignore keyboard modifiers.

Would you be able to add "Album Play Count" as another "Statistics" option? Or would that be more complicated than just "Played" divided by total tracks rounded to the nearest whole number?

I could add a "played per track" statistic if there is general interest, but as has been pointed out in your other topic, album play count is obviously not very well defined.

i wrote some time ago that i encountered frequent foobar crashes while using facets. (...)

I have experienced a similar problem as described in the post from tg2k3.

Both of you should have received a private message on how to use Process Explorer to create a minidump when foobar2000 freezes, and where to send it.

If it is possible, it would be more intuitive to have a default sort order exactly the same as the colums in the facets are configured. For example, if I have a facet with albums sorted by date|album and I click at the first row ("All") I would expect the albums to appear on the playlist in the same order they appear on the facet.

Interesting, noted for a future version.

Something useful to add would be custom sorting for each column (...)

Could you give an example of how you would use this?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #217
Hi Frank,
Thanks for the new version, I think I found some regression, though.
I configured the middle click action to be "add to current playlist".
In previous versions, it was enough to middle click an item, while it's only highlighted (meaning, not selected) to add it to playlist.
In this version, middle clicking an item while it's only highlighted adds the currently selected item, regardless of where the middle click was performed.
Please have a look.
Thanks, Adam.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #218
Corrected, thanks for the report.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #219
After updating from beta 7, cover images behave strangely. I don't have much info yet, more than that it's a difference based on what display mode I use. Also, cover sizes seems to be resetted to a very small size after restarting foobar2000.

As you can see, there also seems to be some problems with the new simplaylist, that cover displayed correctly in beta 7.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #220
Also, cover sizes seems to be resetted to a very small size after restarting foobar2000.

I can confirm this. I have the same problem with the new beta.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #221
Also, cover sizes seems to be resetted to a very small size after restarting foobar2000.

Same here.

An option suggestion: would it be possible to add a preference  for the cover size? The Alt+mouse wheel control is nice but I'd prefer a fixed and exact size for all my facets tabs which would be the same as my actual covers size and eliminate the need to resize them dynamically .

At last, a feature suggestion: in cover mode, it would be nice if we could display tags without affecting the sorting. Like sorting on %album artist sort% but display %album artist" under each cover.

Thanks again for your work: facets and simplaylist are wonderful. 

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #222
After updating from beta 7, cover images behave strangely. I don't have much info yet, more than that it's a difference based on what display mode I use.

Reproduced for display modes with less than 32-bit colors.

Please redownload both components to see if these issues have been fixed.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #223
There is a a graphical glitch that appears sometimes in the searchbox...

the white line at the bottom and right.