Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 778410 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #150
Coming back to the last bug I found about the Fever Ray entry...

I can confirm this bug, experiencing it since the first beta of the new facets version. Facets is just that kind of plug-in, making foobar what it is: an over-mighty music manager and player. So many many thanks to Frank for developing it!

But nevertheless, the described bug is very nasty.
I have configured my facets to display a couple of different panes. When I start typing some artist name, track or album there is some kind of probability of 30% that any of my panes becomes blank. If I try some different filter pattern, the blank pane remains blank. But there's again probability of maybe 30% that another pane becomes blank too.
After restarting Foobar all panes show correct entries.

May be it's also important to note that I have quite a big music library of over 1000 artists and over 2000 different albums.

If there are some suggestions or questions - I'd be glad to help and even more glad to get rid of this bug, letting me restart Foobar multiple times a day.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #151
I found an issue:

1. Select an album in library mode
2. Manually switch to any playlist but "Library selection"
3. Select the (already selected) album again

-> The active playlist should switch back to "Library selection", but it doesn't. You have to select another album first.

But really good work so far, thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #152
since weeks i'm experiencing random foobar crashes when browsing in facets. i'm trying to narrow it down to the component that's really causing the crash. so far it seems that it is indeed foo_facets. my music library is quite large - 450gig. Could that be a problem?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #153
since weeks i'm experiencing random foobar crashes when browsing in facets. i'm trying to narrow it down to the component that's really causing the crash. so far it seems that it is indeed foo_facets. my music library is quite large - 450gig. Could that be a problem?
If you sent all the crashreports, Neptune will be able to investigate the problem. If you didn't sent any crashreport yet, I'd recommend to do so the next time it happens.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #154
I found another bug: If you start playback from facets, its playlist "Library selection (playling)" won't be updated until you select another entry of a facet in library mode.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #155
I am having a small issue with my view "stickiness" with both Facet 1.0 and Simplaylist. If I have either in a Tabbed display which has a default playlist viewer in another tab, if I switch away and then come back the view will always be switched to the tab containing the default viewer rather than the tab containing either the Facet view or the Simplaylist view that it started in.

Is there a way to make the selected tab sticky so that the tab I leave is the tab I come back to when it contains a Facet or Simplaylist?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #156
I have a bug with album art display (all three kinds), I can't select the top most item with the up arrow key (left arrow works if there is more than one item per row). It happens whether summary item is on or off.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #157
Just switched over to FB+Facets from Winamp, looking very promising so far.

One issue - using an Album Artist / Album pane setup, when selecting "All" in Album Artist, Facets does not separate albums of the same name by different artists. So as a symptom, I have a single album in the Albums list called "Greatest Hits", which contains songs by both the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Fleetwood Mac. But still a small downside compared to the rest of this wonderful plugin.

EDIT: worked around for the moment by enabling "Multiple Columns" with both "Album" and "Album Artist" for the Album pane.

Also +1 for album art caching.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #158
Would it be possible to allow us to place elements from the Facets Toolbar onto the regular Foobar Toolbar (where the "File, Edit, View" menu, buttons, playback order dropdown, etc. are)? This option would save me a tremendous amount of vertical space.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #159
Hi there,

i really like the improvements done in the latest foobar versions.

Currenty my Setup looks this way. All music is stored on a Network Attached Storage and accessed via SMB.
In each directory there is a cover.jpg file.

However it takes several seconds to let the covers show up (displayed using foo_facets)

Is it possible to have a local cache containing all these covers. I think this would speed up the whole thing.

Thanks

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #160
Thanks for all your hard work, it's much appreciated.  I don't know if this is something from Facets or a larger Foobar issue, but let me bounce it off you first.  When my play order is set to shuffle and I double click on a facet selection (for instance, artist) it always begins by playing the first song within that selection.  The next song and thereafter is shuffled.  If the first song played could be shuffled as well when that is the play order selected, that would be great.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #161
Thank you for all the updates to the facets plugin!

I have a request for an extra filter: one that only shows the highest bitrate of a song when multiple versions are available (as I wouldn't know how to do this in the current editor).

Because I need to sync my library to an iphone I have created m4a versions of my flac files and when I select an album (or song) I get both versions when sending the facets selection to a playlist.

For example, when I select an album the following selection appears:

01    - blah.flac
01    - blah.m4a
02    - test.flac
02    - test.m4a

and so on. So you'll constantly have to skip the next track.

Having a highest bitrate filter would be very helpful to avoid this and would still show the lossy versions when no lossless version is available.

thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #162
Because I need to sync my library to an iphone I have created m4a versions of my flac files

i do it (syncing) the following way - i've added special tag "sync with" and set its value to "my ipod"
and then created a facet with that field %sync with%

so when you select that item you'll get only tracks to by synced with ipod

may be that helps

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #163
Because I need to sync my library to an iphone I have created m4a versions of my flac files

i do it (syncing) the following way - i've added special tag "sync with" and set its value to "my ipod"
and then created a facet with that field %sync with%

so when you select that item you'll get only tracks to by synced with ipod

may be that helps

Thanks for the suggestion kompot, I think it would be possible to do it that way but it would require constant maintenance to keep it working correctly so an automatic version would be much easier to use.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #164
I had problems with facet displaying thumbs on my old PC, and I though it was graphic driver (ATI) problem as sometimes part of screen where thumbs were to show, with glitches like part of screen behind foobar window or similar.
Now I repaired my 7 PC (with onboard Intel graphics) then even worse issues:

If I switch to other program then back everything gets cleaned fine
Somehow strange no one reported similar issue as my display gets garbaged on two different PCs, OSs and graphic cards

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #165

Can you please include support for artist art?

:-)

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #166
right click -> display -> check artist! That is the support for artist art! 

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #167
Oh well, can't believe I didn't see this! xD Thanks though.
I guess "Album art" was a little misleading in the first place.
Perhaps it should be renamed to: Artwork?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #168
I've set tags to my lossy files where lossless is available to stop songs from appearing twice. Facets has been configured to filter files containing these tags which works fine, however, when I double click to send the results to a playlist the filtered results get added as well. 

Would it be possible to change this behaviour so that only the filtered items displayed in facets get sent to a playlist in an upcoming version?

Thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #169
For me only the displayed items are sent!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #170
OK, I have used facets for some time, and it has always been perfect. However, today I upgraded to version 1.0 beta 3 and now have this extremely annoying problem which I can't seem to fix. I sort my folders within facets by last modified, so my most recently downloaded music shows up at the top. This is very helpful and has always worked flawlessly. However, after this update, facets seems to be having trouble reading the date modified of files. Albums I have just downloaded are having the artist show up as last modified in 2009, etc. it is not just one folder, it is doing this with several.

Tried re-initializing my library, problem remains.

Problem is clearly outlined in this picture - http://i.imgur.com/mnupi.png

If this isn't the appropriate place to report this please direct me to the correct place.

Thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #171
For me only the displayed items are sent!

Interesting, have you tried it the same way to filter as me by adding a specific tag to a file and not to the other one?

01 - test.mp3 (with tag to filter on)
01 - test.flac (without tag to filter on)

For the rest the tags are identical. When I filter on the tag, and send the results to a playlist with double click both files appear in the playlist, but not in the facets selection.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #172
Hi,
Didn't read the whole thread so excuse me if this is already mentioned.
This is, what i consider to be a bug, found after installing new version (beta 3).
With "Send to selection playlist" option enabled i drag and drop a selected item to a playlist opened in a tab.
After drop, playlist is switched to the one of drop target.
Now when i switch back to "Library View Selection" old selection is blank. The facet lost it's selection and the selection playlist is blank.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #173
Great stuff, much enjoying this great plugin.
A small issue - "sometimes" (can't work out the trigger) my Artist->Album (Album Art, text underneath) filter will cease displaying the text below covers. Switching the artist to "all" and back will restore it.

When it next happens I'll screenshot and post here.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #174
Please forgive me if this question has already been answered. I am having some sorting issues with Facets. In the Artist list, I would like to have "Weird Al" Yankovic (with quotes) to be with the rest of the W's. Right now, it is at the very top of the list.