Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_podcatcher (Read 213453 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_podcatcher

Reply #325
Since I've got only one podcast which I set to keep to "All time" I am only asuming it. Will try it and let you know ;-)
I think the words:

Try it; everything you ask is there, but you have to set it manually.

are very clear.
Greetings

Sorry I was wrong, it doesn't delete old podcasts. Plese insert this feature or explaine us what we are doing wrong :?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #326
Hello, is there any chance to find out whether this plugin was abandoned by its author Nausea? It seems that for almost a year now he is not responding to any questions neither did he appeared on the forum since last February. Does anyone know whether the project is already dead?

Thank You

foo_podcatcher

Reply #327
I would like to see the ability to select a number of entries that are downloaded, eg last three episodes, instead of the periodical selector.
An auto-delete function, eg keep last three episodes, would also come in handy.

I'm currently using firenze to aquire my podcasts (http://code.google.com/p/firenze/). Check it out if you're searching for an alternative.
Long time foobar2000, flac and amon tobin enthusiast.

foo_podcatcher

Reply #328
Yes, apparently this project is dead. Nausea as a developer seems to be gone for good, I hope he is alright and that nothing has happened to him.
I've recently uninstalled foo_podcatcher because of various problems (double/triple entries, huge archive).
I use media monkey now to download & manage my subscriptions & combined with an "Album List" panel in Foobar2000 dedicated for my podcasts.

foo_podcatcher

Reply #331
I managed to contact nausea, and asked him if the project was truly dead, this this what he told me:
Nausea/Mr Unkempt wrote
Not sure if it's dead, but I haven't worked on foo_podcatcher for a bit now. I've worked on this though: https://t.co/Ue0VaHe3

I asked him if he could make an "official" statement here in this topic, but unfortunately he never annswered me again.

There is an email adress on the Google Play page above. Maybe he'll react/answer if enough people write him !

foo_podcatcher

Reply #332
I recently tried to download a couple podcasts with foobar2000 and it recognized them, but when I went to download one it just gave me an error that said Error downloading podcast. Is there something I can do to change this?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #333
Great plugin!
It would be also very useful if you added a feature of automatic download of all podcasts whose download wasn't finished during the previous run of foobar2k.
One more question: is it possible to create a column in podcatcher's playlist (using syntax commands) that will represent podcast status in playlist, i.e. using %status% command or something like this?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #334
Hey there!
After promoting foo_podcatcher as the most elegant solution and installing it on any student's machine, i have to say today:

What worth is a podcatcher that is not able to receive a .m4a stream?*

For those i'm better off using the browser's HTML5 abilities (and following the podcast clicking the shownotes on the podcast's homepage).
On the other side, foobar fails for my need of connecting with my one and single media player to the emerging streaming services like jamendo or jango, stripping off the unwanted webpage content.
And so foobar as a whole loses a lot of ground these days.

* e.g. Chaos Radio Express: .m4a, 44.1kHz Stereo AAC SBR 48kbps

foo_podcatcher

Reply #335
Hello,
I was trying to download some music from this podcast hosted at archive.org: http://mcastmusic.wordpress.com/feed/

Problem is the following:

Code: [Select]
Podcatcher: Downloading podcast item 'https://ia801000.us.archive.org:443/34/items/Nova-RadicalMinorShock/RadicalMinorShock.mp3' to 'file://K:\Podcast\m_cast radio\RadicalMinorShock.mp3'
Podcatcher: Error opening 'https://ia801000.us.archive.org:443/34/items/Nova-RadicalMinorShock/RadicalMinorShock.mp3' for reading (Security error)

Can you help?

Thanks,
Simone

foo_podcatcher

Reply #336
I realize this is likely dead, but I just have to ask this in the off chance it'll ever get picked up again: would you consider making an option to sort the lists in reverse? So the latest podcasts are on top instead of at the bottom on the (usually large) list? It may seem like a small thing, but it makes keeping track of updates (per subscription) so much less of a hassle.

foo_podcatcher

Reply #337
I realize this is likely dead, but I just have to ask this in the off chance it'll ever get picked up again: would you consider making an option to sort the lists in reverse? So the latest podcasts are on top instead of at the bottom on the (usually large) list? It may seem like a small thing, but it makes keeping track of updates (per subscription) so much less of a hassle.

Here's what you can do:

Create autoplaylist with this query pattern:
%path% HAS _Radio_Shows SORT DESCENDING BY "$date(%added%)",SORT BY %title%

"_Radio_Shows" - replace it with your own directory of podcasts.

For %added% - added date -  you need to install Playback Statistics 3.0.2 plugin (if you don't have it already).
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_playcount

foo_podcatcher

Reply #338
Is there a way to make this component delete files that are older than X amount of days?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #339
Is there anyway to get the source code for this? Would love to start a new project for podcasts.

Re: foo_podcatcher

Reply #340
Ok what am I doing wrong I have it all set up but it's not downloading anything?

Reply #341
Does foo_podcatcher expose any title formatting fields? I can't seem to find any documentation or mention of this online. I don't suppose there's any way to reference fields by the name shown in the details tab of the properties window either?

Reply #342
Is this component "dead"? :( is there any other alternative to be able to play podcasts in foobar? Thank you.

Reply #343
Unfortunately, it probably is. The site still somehow exists, but the component itself hasn't been updated in over 10 years, and I can't find much info on its author, either.

Reply #344
Is it possible to have the name of the podcast displayed in the notification box as opposed to just the track title? I subscribe to a lot of podcasts and it isn't always easy to tell which podcast has a new episode just from reading the track title.

Reply #345
Hello, I'm writing because it seems the download link pointing to Google Drive is dead. It seems this project is unavailable for download.