Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to combine Album List & Cover layout with Album List & Playlist layout? (Read 1272 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from foobar2000 for mac

Is it possible to combine Album List & Cover layout with Album List & Playlist layout?

Hi Is it possible to combine Album List & Cover layout with Album List & Playlist layout. I.e., have album list and playlist on top and cover on bottom in the sidebar.

I notice there's an Import function. Does that work? Can we import a layout other than the presets?

Thanks

PS: Also desperately need a way to increase font size in lists

Re: Is it possible to combine Album List & Cover layout with Album List & Playlist layout?

Reply #1
Replying to my own question: I exported the layouts and studied the files and was able to figure out how to get the layout I wanted. (Couldn't find any documentation on it.)

splitter horizontal style=thin
 splitter vertical style=thin
    tabs position=top
     albumlist tab-name="Albums"
     playlist-picker tab-name="Playlists"
   albumart type="front cover"
  playlist
 playback-controls

I attached a file you can use. From menu, select View > Layout > Import... and choose the attached file.

Note that after the import, the cover pane may take up most of the space and you don't see any content in your Albums/Playlists tabs, or vice versa. Simply resize the horizontal splitter.

It'd be nice if you can add the layout to the menu. That I haven't figured out.

The documentation mentions a layout editing mode. I don't see it though.

Re: Is it possible to combine Album List & Cover layout with Album List & Playlist layout?

Reply #2
There's some oddness with layout. I'm trying to put the playback controls under the playlist such that it does not span the whole window. This is the layout

tabs position=top
    albumlist tab-name="Library"
    playlist-picker tab-name="Playlists"
  albumart type="front cover"
  playlist
  playback-controls

This works, but the left pane always takes up huge amount of space. No matter how I try to resize it, it always snaps back to huge size (see attached pic).

Reply #3
Thank you, you made me realise that it’s already possible to merge ReFacets etc. into the main window and even use multiple ReFacets setups using tabs.

Too bad that the way you configure the ReFacet columns isn’t retained when you import / export, unlike with ColumnsUI.