Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: --seek info (OptimFROG) (Read 2816 times) previous topic - next topic

--seek info (OptimFROG)

--seek {fast|normal*|slow|min}
  specify the amount of seek information that will be available in the
  compressed file. The default value is normal. For general use, I
  recommend normal and slow

Somebody explains what this command line is please.

Thank you. :-)

Edit: or better yet what does it do?

--seek info (OptimFROG)

Reply #1
OptimFROG requires that seek information is appended to the file. The more information you add, the easier and faster it is to seek to any given point in the stream. "Fast" means fast seeking - therefore, lots of seek information is added. "Min" means minimal amount of seek information, therefore somewhat long seek times.

--seek info (OptimFROG)

Reply #2
Note that files encoded with "--seek fast" will be a bit bigger than the ones encoded with "--seek min".

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']BTW, rjamorim could you please reply to the email I sent to you via HA? Your PM box is full [/span]

--seek info (OptimFROG)

Reply #3
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']BTW, rjamorim could you please reply to the email I sent to you via HA? Your PM box is full [/span][a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=319761"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Purposedly so. I got tired of people asking me for the DVD-Audio decrypter through PM.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, as I wrote elsewhere, I'm on vacations and dial-up, so my e-mail back log keeps growing and growing...