Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Relative paths in foobar (environment variables) (Read 4006 times) previous topic - next topic

Relative paths in foobar (environment variables)

Hi. I would like to suggest that the possibility of using Windows environment dependent paths - such as %userprofile% [not to be confused with tag fields in title formatting!] - be added two places in foobar2000.

This feature would be very practical when using a portable version of foobar. Firstly, it could be used for adding folders placed in a user's profile folder to the media library independant of a specific user name! Secondly, it would be nice to be able to save file operations scripts and use them on different computers without having to update the path with the current user name.

I hope I get my point through  I mean, I would like to be able to write "%userprofile%\Music" instead of "c:\Users\Specific User\Music" whenever I need to give a path in foobar.

Any chance this could be achieved by the developers?  In any case, a million thanks for the best piece of software I've ever had the pleasure of using!

Relative paths in foobar (environment variables)

Reply #1
I don't think this will make it into the core. Maybe you could convince the developer of foo_exvar or howisitcalled to add some kind of function or whatever to it.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Re: Relative paths in foobar (environment variables)

Reply #2
(I know I'm bumping up a old post, but I have not found any more info regarding this feature request, and would like not to create a new, seperate thread about it.)

1+ on this feature request.
I'm jumping between several computers, and would like to be able to create dynamic settings which will work no matter user name etc.
"%userprofile%\Desktop\Foobar2k Out" for converter output path would be awesome.