Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wave editors? (Read 3203 times) previous topic - next topic

wave editors?

what is a good wave editor program? i would like one that can detect leading and trailing silence on tracks and delete them. eac doesnt always do a good job of that, and neither does its built in editor. also, the option to do this in batches would be great too.

wave editors?

Reply #1
IMO, the best audio editor is Samplitude 2496. But is's definetely not for newbies.

A good and easy editor is CoolEdit.

wave editors?

Reply #2
I also believe Cool Edit is a very good program.  However I'm a heavy user of Sound Forge 6 and the Noise Reduction package.  Unfortunately it isn't "bargain bin" priced.  Just having either of the programs isn't enough ~ you must experiment with the options, read the help files and mutter "What do they mean by that", make a few bad mistakes and so forth to "get a handle" on what's happening.  So called "Wave editors" can be generators of artifacts.