Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar updating files (Read 4304 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar updating files

Now that i have foobar 0.9.5.2, while playing music, it suddenly pauses for like 2 - 3 seconds randomly (not frequently) but happens! It says updating and it shows the song name in a dialog box... why this happenin? Its buggin me!

Foobar updating files

Reply #1
Slow hard drive? Increase your playback buffer.

Preferences->Playback->Output
elevatorladylevitateme

Foobar updating files

Reply #2
Slow hard drive? Increase your playback buffer.

Preferences->Playback->Output

Its set to 2500 now (was 1000). Lets see if i face this problem again. Thanx for now

Foobar updating files

Reply #3
Have you got a playcount plugin installed which writes to tags? That gives a popup with songname when its ''updating'' playcount and all.

Foobar updating files

Reply #4
Have you got a playcount plugin installed which writes to tags? That gives a popup with songname when its ''updating'' playcount and all.

Yeah just found out about the playcount mod..

I've always been annoyed by the popup window in foo_playcount so I modded it to supress the popups (thanks to terrestrial for sharing his code).
Unfortunately the windows still popup on some files (I can't figure out why, maybe somebody with more coding experience can take a look at the source, it's included) but it works for most.

Found it here : Foobar2000 Forum
Thanx hxkclan  I've disabled it now cause i'm fine without the plugin.. dun need to know how many times the song has been pl4yed