Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Xchange v3 (Read 332323 times) previous topic - next topic

Xchange v3

Reply #900
Dunno if this has been discussed before in this thread - I did manage a fair few pages before snow blindness set it, however:

Can someone please tell me how to switch out one of the panels for Albumlist?

I've installed the new Xchange and really like it (even though I had to update and sort a ton of things to get it working) but foobar is useless for me without albumlist. Currently I use  the tri-panel list thing but it's just too cramped to be of long term use so ideally I'd switch that one for album list.

Help would be much appreciated even if it's just a link to an afore mentioned solution.

:]

Library tree panel does 99% the same thing than Album list panel, have you tried it ?

Xchange v3

Reply #901
Dunno if this has been discussed before in this thread - I did manage a fair few pages before snow blindness set it, however:

Can someone please tell me how to switch out one of the panels for Albumlist?

I've installed the new Xchange and really like it (even though I had to update and sort a ton of things to get it working) but foobar is useless for me without albumlist. Currently I use  the tri-panel list thing but it's just too cramped to be of long term use so ideally I'd switch that one for album list.

Help would be much appreciated even if it's just a link to an afore mentioned solution.

Library tree panel does 99% the same thing than Album list panel, have you tried it ?

Thanks for replying.

Yes I have but for me it's much 'dirtier' than albumlist and opens out wider and all manner of folders I don't really want my gf to access due to her not being computer literate and trying to play dll files for example

I like albumlist for it's simple direct clean fast use, plus the gf can only then play nothing but music being restricted to 'that' folder, I just don't know where I'd swap it out due to Xchange being a complex beast.

Xchange v3

Reply #902
So I take it by the lack of response - it's actually fairly difficult to do?

Xchange v3

Reply #903
quite the opposite. just find "library tree" on the layout tab and delete it. now add "album list" in it's place.

(i'm assuming because it's inside it's own PSS panel which contains no scripting referencing "library tree" this won't break anything. )

Xchange v3

Reply #904
I just tested marc2003's way an it seems to work just fine. But you might want to rename album list to LIB (Library tree is named LIB in it's panel) when you replace it just to be safe 

Xchange v3

Reply #905
Thanks for the reply.

I forgot about configuring foobar that way so I didn't think about it. I was looking in the wrong places.

That said - I don't have Album List as an option on my layout tree - no clue why that is. I have it working fine in Xchange => library => albumlist so I know it's working fine but dunno if there's something I need to do to make it show up in the layout tree?

Xchange v3

Reply #906
Thanks for the reply.

I forgot about configuring foobar that way so I didn't think about it. I was looking in the wrong places.

That said - I don't have Album List as an option on my layout tree - no clue why that is. I have it working fine in Xchange => library => albumlist so I know it's working fine but dunno if there's something I need to do to make it show up in the layout tree?

you need a component for having album list as a panel ! ==> look for album list panel on this page : http://www.foobar2000.org/components

Xchange v3

Reply #907
Ah, didn't realise that there were 2 different components. I actually had them both but cleaned out my foobar for the Xchange install.

That's done it, thanks for all the help - now I don't have to worry about the gf screwing up my playlists and things

For me, album list is fantastic due to accessing by directory structure because anything else relies too heavily on tag's and even one errant tag throws a whole album out which is highly annoying.

Xchange is truly an amazing piece of work - I love the size tweaking buttons especially. I have to say thanks to Falstaff for putting in an incredible amount of effort so other people can enjoy it.

Xchange v3

Reply #908
Hey, Br3tt. I'm having a problem with your config, any ideas why?

Xchange v3

Reply #909
Hi Brett,

I'm also having problems when importing the latest version of Xchange.  I've uninstalled foobar completely, reinstalled the latest version (0.9.6.9) and then followed the instal instructions for Xchange.  when I click OK to import the xchange fcl, I get one of the following two errors:

"Init Scripting Engine Failed (HWND: 0x1d0402, CODE: 0x8000ffff): Catastrophic failure ", when I use the wsh panel mod supplied in your pack

"Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (GUID: E19398F0-BB62-4242-9D22-31EACA13A034, CODE: 0x8000ffff)
Check the console for more detailed information."  when I use the wsh panel mod from the wsh panel mod link on your devianart page.

It seems as though I can use the config, but when I click on the cog icon for the settings, it's just a blank screen.

Any ideas whether I've done something wrong?  Or is there any other info I can provide to help troubleshoot?

Cheers

Xchange v3

Reply #910
Hello,

I'm currently trying to change the graphical browser side panel to display a simple ngplaylist instead but I cannot find the panel in the columnui preferences... Are there any simple ways to replace the content of the side panel with an ngplaylist (or any playlist viewer) ?

thanks

Xchange v3

Reply #912
Is there even an alternative lyrics component? I think the dev of that component wanted to entirely revamp it but said he wouldn't have time any time soon.

Xchange v3

Reply #913
I've made some small modifications to this config. I have added an extra artwork viewer, it uses an image based on the %album% title. It works fine, however I would like to have the artwork viewer switch to an %artist% picture if %album% picture is not found. How can I do this, I know I have to put in some titleformatting code in the preference-covers section but I don't realy know how to. Can anyone assist me?

Xchange v3

Reply #914
I found the solution. It seems foo_cover automatically ignores the first path set if it isn't found and just simply goes to the second path defined.

Xchange v3

Reply #915
Hi,

Xchange v3.5.2 released, it's my last post in this Topic, see below ...

Falstaff, this skin recommends components that are problematic, which is against the rules. Here is the troubleshooter entry for Xchange. Please fix this and verify your future skin versions using the Online Troubleshooter.

Canar, close this topic if it doesn't respect the "rules".

Xchange v3

Reply #916
Falstaff, can you help me.

I'm trying Xchange 3.5.2 but when I import the new FCL file then some panel can't work, they're white and tell that "SCRIPT ERROR", ex: seekbar, volume... and my background is black.
I'm using XP.

Thanks.

Xchange v3

Reply #917
Br3tt can you post a version here that abides the rules and put another alternative version on your deviantart page that gives all the functionality? That way everybody gets what they want.

Xchange v3

Reply #918
Falstaff, can you help me.

I'm trying Xchange 3.5.2 but when I import the new FCL file then some panel can't work, they're white and tell that "SCRIPT ERROR", ex: seekbar, volume... and my background is black.
I'm using XP.

Thanks.

check your component version of WSH panel Mod, it must be 1.1.10 !

if still not work, check error message in the console, and gimme the erreor (# of the line in error in WSH)

Xchange v3

Reply #919
My component version of WSH panel mod is 1.1.10 (it's in the package "Xc3.5.2_components.zip").

Here is the error message in the console
Code: [Select]
Watching: D:\
Watching: E:\
Watching: F:\
Watching: G:\
Watching: H:\
Watching: K:\
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: FE555B68-9973-4106-9569-0F56AA7E707A): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Automation server can't create object
Ln: 1426, Col: 2
<no source text available>
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: D8C107F3-CD87-47B0-9268-B2A93F21DD6F): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Ln: 768, Col: 2
Filter Panel - Genre: initialised in 0.130 s
Filter Panel - Artist: initialised in 0.320 s
Filter Panel - Album: initialised in 0.103 s
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 9C80188A-367D-436B-86C9-F40D8BFBE4B7): initliased in 0.0000042 s
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 305E4E48-FAA0-4D8C-9992-64751C8364C2): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Ln: 163, Col: 2
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 6DE51533-8626-4A22-827A-C4A5C7D89249): initliased in 0.0000967 s
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: CFD19F51-0140-444F-BA25-096381C4D8E1): initliased in 0.0004633 s
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: CFD19F51-0140-444F-BA25-096381C4D8E1): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Ln: 723, Col: 3
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 56DF1127-3F17-4DD0-9A1C-28E68A692096): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Ln: 137, Col: 1
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: F430759F-4E5C-4E96-8ADB-8F76B82AC9C2): initliased in 0.0000277 s
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 883C9342-A015-4930-ACA9-E6C01E062750): initliased in 0.0004286 s
Startup time : 0:24.823159

Xchange v3

Reply #920
the lines in error is always the same :

fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

so, it seems that your system doesn't understand this javascript command of creation of a new ActiveXObject. A dependencies is missing on your windows system to handle ActiveX Objects, it's my conclusion.

are you under XP ?

btw, please, ask to T.P Wang what can be this dependencies missing for ActiveX Objects in the WSH Panel Mod Topic, i have no idea here (or maybe "Windows Script Hosting" !!!)

Xchange v3

Reply #921
I guess he has disabled active scripting: which can be found in "windows internet options > security tab"