Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1341474 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #1176
hi, discover 1 minor bug in this great component: Doesn't working multi-value tag "Format". Description says: "Writen as a multi-value tag", but for delimiter in this tag foo_discogs uses ',' instead of ";"

foo_discogs

Reply #1177
Thanks for the great plugin!
A quick question, is it possible to embed cover art directly in flac files instead of creating cover.jpg files in album folders?
Or to put it another way, what are the benefits of cover.jpg comparing to embedded cover art in each file?
Thanks!

foo_discogs

Reply #1178
Don't know if this is reported or known, but there is possibility that [master] name and all release names are different, in which case release query fails because it's not same with [master] name

Example:

Release query "Inside the Cathedral" fails because master is named "Inside Russia"

http://www.discogs.com/Paul-Horn-Inside-Th...l/master/260048

foo_discogs

Reply #1179
I have downloaded the latest version but I keep getting the following error message when trying to use this plugin.

Code: [Select]
discogs error: release id=3166030: problem connecting to discogs.com

How can I fix it please?

Thanks

foo_discogs

Reply #1180
I have a newbie question, what is the difference betweeen tags with multiple values and single values such as DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS_MULTI and DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS?
I checked the content of both tags, and they look exactly the same (both use ";" to separate values).
Which tag is recommanded? Thanks!

foo_discogs

Reply #1181
@somy:
Multi fields can be displayed as seperate entities (for instance in EsPlaylists groupinfo) using $meta_sep.

I have a question myself now: In the settings dialog there are options to download images for both album and artist. I used $directory_path(%path%) for artist. Now I wonder if there is a way to make foo_discogs write the artists name to the filename? All I get is numbered files.

Similarly, for the album I use the prefix folder (same TF string) but it doesnt seem to be working.

foo_discogs

Reply #1182
@somy:
Multi fields can be displayed as seperate entities (for instance in EsPlaylists groupinfo) using $meta_sep.

Hi Emerelle,
Thanks for the reply, does it mean that in general "multi" tags are more preferred than single-value tags?
I need to decide which one to use as I don't want duplicate information in my flac files.

foo_discogs

Reply #1183
I'm sorry I cannot tell you really. I use it on the style tag, since I have the style displayed in EsPlaylists Groupinfo. There you can use that meta_sep, so all styles are lined up.

It all depends on how you view your media in your layout. In only columns playlists you wont find much use for this feature.

foo_discogs

Reply #1184
@somy:

I have a question myself now: In the settings dialog there are options to download images for both album and artist. I used $directory_path(%path%) for artist. Now I wonder if there is a way to make foo_discogs write the artists name to the filename? All I get is numbered files.

Similarly, for the album I use the prefix folder (same TF string) but it doesnt seem to be working.

I think its not possible, its rather confusing the way it is. Both artist and album art should have the same formatting options.
It would be much better if we could format both files' full path using title formatting, only problem would be handling numbering when downloading all available album art files...

foo_discogs

Reply #1185
Thanks thorazine for your input. I also find it kind of confusing, since I am not sure if it takes TF or not. At least the files do get stored in the same folder as the music

Maybe I shouldnt advertise this here, but biography view does store the images with the artist name - more than one become artist_02.jpg, artist_03.jpg and so on. That would be a great feature for this plugin as well!

foo_discogs

Reply #1187
Mine is still working although I received this mail from Discogs:

Hello,

We are writing to you because you have registered for a Discogs API key.

As mentioned here: http://www.discogs.com/help/forums/topic/234138
we will be phasing out the version 1 API and would like all current users to upgrade their clients to use the version 2 API.

API version 1 will be discontinued on Jan 15, 2012. Please make sure to upgrade your clients before then. And let us know if you have any questions.

thanks,
Discogs

foo_discogs

Reply #1188
API version 1 will be discontinued on Jan 15, 2012. Please make sure to upgrade your clients before then. And let us know if you have any questions.

foo_discogs uses the new API  already so it continue to work after Jan 15th.

"problem connecting to discogs.com" errors are intermittent. Just retry later and it should work.

foo_discogs

Reply #1189
Hi!

I'd like on the discogs plugin get the information from a compilation.
Now, On Artist, I won't that Various Artist - Album Name, but for each track, the artist name. The same for the Track, I just need the track title.

How can I do it with the plugin? Thank you

foo_discogs

Reply #1190
EDIT: Oops, I guess I misunderstood your question. Not sure though, what you are looking for....?

For compilations, album artist is entered as Various Artists and the artists name is in the artist tag, so you got to make sure that in your viewer you are calling %artist% and not %album artist%. I hope that helps

foo_discogs

Reply #1191
Uhm...yeah on the viewer I have both, Album Artist and Artist. But both take the name of the compilation (Various Artists); so for each track in the compilation, I can't get the correct artist name. On the "Edit tag mappings" I have Artist as "DISCOGS_ARTIST", should be correct right? But in fact it doesnt works...I can't get Artist name for each track...

foo_discogs

Reply #1192
howdy
i'm getting the 'problem connecting' error again.

Code: [Select]
discogs error: release id=3345141: problem connecting to discogs.com

i'm assuming this is the same bug that has happened a couple times already where the discogs server changes address, or something like that.

will there be an update to address this soon?
what about making the discogs server (or whatever is causing the problem) a user-editable field as a preference for the plugin?
just an idea.

thanks

edit: this was when putting the release id in manually. when i search, i dont get an error and i get no results. thanks.

foo_discogs

Reply #1193
Is this not to do with the old API being phased out on the 15th Jan?

foo_discogs

Reply #1194
no. look a few posts up.

foo_discogs

Reply #1195
Hi all --

Mine stopped working at some point between Tuesday and a week or so before it. (On two different machines, too.) I upgraded one install to the newest version of fb2k but no dice. Literally nothing happens when I hit search. I have v1.26 fix2 of the plugin. No errors come up, nothing shows in the console. Very odd. Any ideas? Thanks.

Micah

edit: I tried clearing the release cache too. Nope.

foo_discogs

Reply #1196
Mine stopped working at some point between Tuesday and a week or so before it. (On two different machines, too.) I upgraded one install to the newest version of fb2k but no dice. Literally nothing happens when I hit search. I have v1.26 fix2 of the plugin. No errors come up, nothing shows in the console. Very odd. Any ideas? Thanks.

Try upgrading to v1.30?

foo_discogs

Reply #1197
Try upgrading to v1.30?

Oh, I feel foolish: that worked. I thought discogs had screwed up all releases of the plugin post 1.26...? Serves me right. Sorry for the obvious question; thanks very much!

Micah

foo_discogs

Reply #1198
In what format must be entered plugin foo_discogs data in the following fields : Artist link, Label link, Release link?

The data are recorded, but here in the form:

If they are entered in this form, then they do not make any sense, in a form they just will not open in browser

Is it possible to do so they were recorded in standard URL- WebLinks, for example:

Artist link - http://www.discogs.com/artist/Nikolai
Label link - http://www.discogs.com/label/Sub+Terranean
Release link - http://www.discogs.com/Various-Ravermeiste.../release/129725

Is it possible to make the tag recorded in other fields other than <DISCOGS_ARTIST>, <DISCOGS_ARTIST_LINK>, ie in the field with the other names ?