Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1341659 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2250
Hello,
I used to use DISCOGS_TRACK_HEADING for grouping "Bonus Tracks" in tracklist in SimPlaylist.
But I see "?" in 'Preview Tags'.
Release I tried.
Did I do something wrong? (Because I was confused about which tag should I use I tried DISCOGS_INDEX_TRACK_TITLE with no luck also)
It works for me. Did you modify the DISCOGS_TRACK_HEADING tag? Right click on it in the edit tag mappings window and see if "Restore Default" is available.
My inaquaracy, Sorry
What I actualy needed was %TRACK_HEADING% and tag itself has custom name in my case.
Thank you for clue, component and briliant import/export options in tag mapping dialog )

Reply #2251
Is it possible to use foo_discogs to tag FLAC (single disc image) + CUE? If I use it with *.m4a it works great and I see all the DISCOGS_* tags in every single file but when it comes to flac files non of the images (or CUE sheets) gets updated. 

Reply #2252
Is it possible to use foo_discogs to tag FLAC (single disc image) + CUE? If I use it with *.m4a it works great and I see all the DISCOGS_* tags in every single file but when it comes to flac files non of the images (or CUE sheets) gets updated. 
Hello, Lola! CUE files has limited number of possible tags. But you can integrate this cue sheet inside flac and do what you want with any kind of tags. This is very helpful due to all that information comes into media library.

Reply #2253
Personally I use m-TAGS (another component) to place the tags in an independent file. This also allows tagging some audio file formats that don't support tags.

Reply #2254
Hmmm... 894 CUE sheets. It's gonna take a while. I guess metaflac in a loop will do but I wonder why foo_discogs can't simply write tags to the flac files?

Edit:

Looks like metaflac won't do

Code: [Select]
"Adler - Back From The Dead.cue: ERROR: malformed vorbis comment field "REM GENRE Rock",
      field contains no '=' character"

Reply #2256
How can I write just one tag, I mean, if I want to retag my entire library with the GENRE and STYLE of discogs database but I do not want to erase neither rewrite the other FIELDS, is it possible to do the whole process just once on the entire library? Regards.

By the way, when I try to UPDATE TAGS, I do not know what it does, I got this error

(FATAL) Error: Page Deleted or Missing (404) Release ISCOGS_ is deleted.

[ESCAPE to close]
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #2258
Oh! Just remembered. One wish: is it possible to make checkbox for making Release Date tag as dd.mm.yyyy or yyyy.mm.dd, or even as is on the site %day month year%, please? Because variant yyyy.dd.mm. always tangles me, never get used to it.

I had the same question, but here's what I did instead of asking for a new feature. Put this in your DISCOGS_RELEASED tag:

%RELEASE_DAY% $select($num(%RELEASE_MONTH%,1),Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Jun,Jul,Aug,Sep,Oct,Nov,Dec) %RELEASE_YEAR%

Hope this helps.

Reply #2259
You can also try this dll which is a long shot but is the only possible problem I could see: https://www.sendspace.com/file/anylx8
settings.

THANK YOU :-)

Other troubleshooting measures didn't help (file & protocol associations were essentially correct, etc.)

But the updated .dll fixed it.
Glad to hear that helped. I'll add that change into the next official version, then. :-)

Hi,  bug at parsing release
https://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie-The-Rise-And-Fall-Of-Ziggy-Stardust-And-The-Spiders-From-Mars/release/3642251

(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 3642251: JSON Parser ExceptionError parsing release credits.

[ESCAPE to close]
Plz fix
An error in how the release credits were entered needs to be fixed in the Discogs database which anyone can edit.

Reply #2260
Hi,  bug at parsing release
https://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie-The-Rise-And-Fall-Of-Ziggy-Stardust-And-The-Spiders-From-Mars/release/3642251

(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 3642251: JSON Parser ExceptionError parsing release credits.

[ESCAPE to close]
Plz fix
An error in how the release credits were entered needs to be fixed in the Discogs database which anyone can edit.

I had a look at this release and it's not immediately clear what the error in the credits is.
There was some slight inconsistency in the Written-By track positions for David Bowie. It was written as:
A1 to A4, B1 to B6, DVD-1 to DVD-4, DVD-6 to DVD-15. DVD-17 to DVD-26, DVD-28 to DVD-37, DVD-39 to DVD-56
and I changed it to:
A1 to A4, B1 to B6, DVD-1 to DVD-4, DVD-6 to DVD-15, DVD-17 to DVD-26, DVD-28 to DVD-37, DVD-39 to DVD-56
so unless it's still returning the older version with a full stop in the middle, I'm not sure what else is the problem.

It can sometimes be hard to discover what's making the JSON Parser throw an exception. It could be worth not making this a fatal error, given you can narrow it down to release credits here. Perhaps complete the tagging but present a list of parser exceptions afterwards?

Reply #2261
Hello!
Foobar 1.3.9, Discogs tagger v2.04, Windows 8.1

I have a CD 'Disco Vaults 2 - A Slide Under The Strobe Light' id=5050479, which I want to tag. It is 2 CD release, and when I fetch data, it fetches CD 1 twice.
It is very unusual. and it worked a month ago, with older version of tagger. I am behind a proxy, but it was never a problem, it always worked as it should.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #2262
@zoomorph
In #2164 I mentioned a problem with your component showing replicated track titles (i.e. replacing some tracks with others). I've come a bit closer:

When "Match using track length durations" is unchecked the problem may occur, but not very often.
Only pattern spotted so far: Multi-disc albums and always disc 2 (?!?).

Here's some examples with screenshots:

Phish ‎– Live Phish 10: 6.22.94 - Veterans Memorial Auditorium Columbus, Ohio
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ‎– Will The Circle Be Unbroken
Miles Davis ‎– The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions
Tom Waits ‎– Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards
Frank Zappa ‎– You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 4
Note: FZ YCDToSA volumes 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 are double discs as well and they're all analysed correctly.

As Discogs' track length durations seldomly match with local data I would like to be able to turn that check off.

(Discogs Tagger 2.03/2.04. Caches as empty as my wallet. foobar2000 1.3.10 final/1.3.11 up to and including beta 3. Windows 7 SP 1 x64)

Minor request: Right alignment of the Length column in "Match Tracks" window.

Reply #2263
How can I write just one tag, I mean, if I want to retag my entire library with the GENRE and STYLE of discogs database but I do not want to erase neither rewrite the other FIELDS, is it possible to do the whole process just once on the entire library? Regards.

By the way, when I try to UPDATE TAGS, I do not know what it does, I got this error

(FATAL) Error: Page Deleted or Missing (404) Release ISCOGS_ is deleted.

[ESCAPE to close]

Hi. I just found the way to do it thanks to Reddit. Right click on the album, for exemple, Tagging>Discogs>Edit Tag Maping. There you have to disable one by one the fields you do not want to write; I have disabled everything but GENRE and STYLE. Then you go to right click and then write the tags normally and when you preview the chages you will see that the only tags that you are going to write will be those ones you left unchanged on Edit Tag Maping, or activated let's say.

Once you do that you will be left with this configuration so if you want to write different tags you will have to change again the Tag Maping. Regards.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #2264
@zoomorph
In #2164 I mentioned a problem with your component showing replicated track titles (i.e. replacing some tracks with others). I've come a bit closer:

When "Match using track length durations" is unchecked the problem may occur, but not very often.
Only pattern spotted so far: Multi-disc albums and always disc 2 (?!?).
Thanks for the info. When this problem occurs, does it tag the files incorrectly or is it only the entries in the matching list that are wrong?

Minor request: Right alignment of the Length column in "Match Tracks" window.
This change will be in the next version.

Foobar2000-Discogs Sync

Reply #2266
Hello I had a question that I'm guessing has been asked at some point in the last 10 years this post has been active.  I bounced around the 91 pages of posts, but my apologies, I have not read every one.  I'm guessing this is a discogs issue/question, but is there any way that when you go to write the tags in Foobar, the user could be notified of which releases are in his collection so as to quickly know which one to select? 
Thank you much!

Reply #2267
You can also try this dll which is a long shot but is the only possible problem I could see: https://www.sendspace.com/file/anylx8
settings.

THANK YOU :-)

Other troubleshooting measures didn't help (file & protocol associations were essentially correct, etc.)

But the updated .dll fixed it.
Glad to hear that helped. I'll add that change into the next official version, then. :-)

Now that I've used your patched dll for a while I just noticed: I have the same problem when I double-click a release in the search results as I did with the OAuth

I get a popup that says:

"Windows cannot find 'http://www.discogs.com/release/xxxxxx'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

and when I click OK I then get a foobar error dialog that says:

"(FATAL) Error: Error opening browser page: 11C243E0The operation was canceled by the user.

[ESCAPE to close]"

(Copy/pasted from error dialog, formatting as in original.)

My guess is whatever change you did to fix the browser request in the OAuth setup needs to be changed here too.

Reply #2268
Howdy
I'm getting "Network exceptionConnection error" when I run the plugin on Wine, using latest stable foobar 1.3.11

OAuth is working, according to the plugin.

Any insight?

The full error is:
(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 3373093: Network exceptionConnection error (url: http://api.discogs.com/releases/3373093)

[ESCAPE to close]

Reply #2269
Like the previous version (already reported above), foo_discogs v2.04 still doesn't handle network access through proxy servers.

As soon as foobar is configured to use a proxy server in its networking preferences page, every attempt to use foo_discogs leads to the error message:
(FATAL) Error: HTTP Error (501)(url: https://api.discogs.com/database/search)

[ESCAPE to close]

Reply #2270
So I'm looking for something like:
If artists name is "Various", write an "album artist" tag with "Various Artists";
If artists name is anything else than "Various", write no "album artist" tag at all.

Can someone give me a hint on this?

So this is what I came up with - code for ALBUM ARTIST:
$if($stricmp($joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$join($multi_replace(%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_NAME>%,'Various','VA'),$multi_wrap(%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_JOIN>%,' '))),,$join($multi_replace(%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_NAME>%,'Various','VA'),$multi_wrap(%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_JOIN>%,' ')))

Script compares %Artist% and default %Album Artist% formatting strings - if it is the same, nothing is written to %Album Artist%.

I've done the little test and it works so far.

p.s. I use "VA" instead of "Various Artists".

Reply #2271
Hi all,
I lost track on which version of the fine component is the latest. Is it still: Version: 2.04, Compiled: Jun 21 2016 ?

Reply #2272
Hi zoomorph,
I clicked on a Reccomandation link and then copied the link to the Find Release -> Release ID / URL Field:

https://www.discogs.com/de/Guy-Guy/release/250780?ev=rr
That caused an error:
(FATAL) Error: Error loading release rr: Page Deleted or Missing (404)(url: http://api.discogs.com/releases/rr)

[ESCAPE to close]
can you pls strip/ignore this (?ev=rr) as well as other things you had stripped from the url to allow quickly pasting a copied link from the dg-website to the fine components field?
thnx!

Reply #2273
this is quite old, but it does not work after a few tests:

on this release,  %RELEASE_DAY% is set to "  1988" instead of the original "20" (with the components default string on %RELEASE_DAY%
I guess, its not possible to convert every possible dateformat?

Oh! Just remembered. One wish: is it possible to make checkbox for making Release Date tag as dd.mm.yyyy or yyyy.mm.dd, or even as is on the site %day month year%, please? Because variant yyyy.dd.mm. always tangles me, never get used to it.
I had the same question, but here's what I did instead of asking for a new feature. Put this in your DISCOGS_RELEASED tag:
%RELEASE_DAY% $select($num(%RELEASE_MONTH%,1),Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Jun,Jul,Aug,Sep,Oct,Nov,Dec) %RELEASE_YEAR%
Hope this helps.

Reply #2274
I had this question:
on this release, I see the DISCOGS_FORMAT Tag like this:
4 x CD, Compilation; 1 x Box Set,
(unnecessary comma *and* space at the end).

I think, the last comma and space need to be lost. but I did not manage to do this.

anyone can help?

I have this (default) formatting string in the tag-mappings:
$zip(%<RELEASE_FORMATS_QUANTITY>%,' x ',%<RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME>%,', ',$join(%<<RELEASE_FORMATS_DESCRIPTIONS>>%))

I have figured out a code, which works perfectly in the display-colums (f2k->preferences->columsUI->playlist view->colums->colum details->scripts-display)

The code deletes the last comma "," from the shown format above.
$puts(DF,$trim(%DISCOGS_FORMAT%))
$if($strcmp($right($get(DF),1),','),$cut($get(DF),$sub($len($get(DF)),1)))

Unfortunately, this snipped of code does not work, when inserted into the Edit Tag Mappings Window as a formatting string for DISCOGS_FORMAT.
I tried several combinations, but most always got an empty tag, or this strange error message:
(FATAL) Error: Error generating tag DISCOGS_FORMAT [Corrupted array string: missing start byte] for file file://C:\test\08 Planet Jazz - Mucho Chocolate.mp3

[ESCAPE to close]
I tried to get rid of the $puts() and $get() but that did not help in any way.

What am I missing to get this piece of code working as a formatting string?