Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7 (Read 912686 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1200
@gix : yes - TheQwertiest has right - please issue a new thread on forums. I have some feature request, as this plugin misses certain functionality from original one (blocking tracks from being scrobbled, based on tags)

Reply #1202
For those that continue to have the handshake issue (as I did), I have written an alternative component: foo_scrobble. It transparently manages the scrobble cache (there's no need to manually submit it) and should work across network reconnects without problems. It also makes use of last.fm's newer submission API and does not require your login credentials.

Thank you gix for being the one to start a new open source scrobbler component! I too was getting fed up with the constant handshake failures of the existing foo_audioscrobbler and my disappointment in its apparent abandonment.

Reply #1203
Hi, I installed this component a few days ago and it was working great!

However yesterday it stopped scrobbling the tracks that I have played on my ipod.
It still scrobbles the tracks that I play in foobar but not the ones that I've played on my ipod. It was working fine when I first installed it but as of yesterday, the ipod part of it doesn't work.

If anyone knows how to potentially fix this it would be greatly appreciated!

Reply #1204
Did you post without reading the thread? Not even the complete thread but the very last few messages has the answer completely laid out for you. In short, don't use this outdated component, use the new foo_scrobble.

Reply #1205
I did have a read of the last few posts and no one has mentioned anything about ipods so I presumed that ipod scrobbling was not supported on the new component.
I have installed and am currently using the new component and it works like a charm for normal scrobbling, but I don't see an option anywhere to enable ipod scrobbling.
I guess my options at this point are to see if I can fix the old component or find out if there is another way to scrobble my ipod.

Reply #1206
For some reason, sending the computer into hibernation a few times prevents foo_audioscrobbler actually scrobbling - all tracks are cached, clicking "Submit" manually won't work until I restart foobar2000. Still broken with the latest version 1.5.0.

Any ideas?
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #1207
The problem is unlikely to be related to hibernation but simply the handshake session key created on startup expires after a given amount of time. Your pc could be awake and the same thing will happen.

The proper solution is to use an updated component which doesn't use the ancient last.fm API with this handshake nonsense. Use foo_scrobble.

https://github.com/gix/foo_scrobble/releases

Reply #1208
Oh! Thank you, I did not know that component. :)

Reply #1209
The related Foobar2000 Scrobbling FAQ on the Last.fm support forum also recommends the newer foo_scrobble plugin instead of the old foo_audioscrobbler plugin that comes with the legacy desktop scrobbler.
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

Reply #1210
I had never read that. It worked quite well!

Reply #1211
I've had this issue for years. If you hibernate your Windows PC for hours (maybe like 10+ minutes), the last FM scrobbler gets out of sync with the last.fm server time and can't submit scrobbles. closing and restarting fb2k fixes the issue and sends the cached scrobbles at the time they were played (so no data is lost or distorted).

https://github.com/gix/foo_scrobble/releases

Reply #1212
Is there a possibility of an update that works with Macs as a component? :D That would be stelar
πάθει μάθος