Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Amazon Echo (Read 4011 times) previous topic - next topic

Amazon Echo

My family surprised me with an Amazon Echo for Father's Day this morning.  This is pretty cool.  I love being able to play music on it with voice commands.  But the only music is supports right now is Amazon, Pandora, and Spotify.  It looks like there is a skill to make it work work the JRiver Media Center.  I was wonder if there is a skill or plans to make a skill to make foobar2000 work with the Amazon Echo.

Re: Amazon Echo

Reply #1
Is there seriously no interest for this??

Reply #2
I guess I will answer my own question.  There are two ways to do this:

1. Use Plex.  I don't know if this requires PlexPass or not.  But if you're running Plex at home and load the Plex skill on your Echo you can say "Alexa, tell Plex to play ..."

2. My Media for Amazon Alexa - https://www.mymediaalexa.com/

Reply #4
Is there seriously no interest for this??
Maybe people have been a little put off?
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-25/how-amazons-alexa-records-and-shares-private-conversations-without-your-permission

C.

I'm sure some people have been put off.  But since no one seemed to care even in the slightest that their government has been spying on them since 9/11, I think we can be pretty sure that no one cares that their Echo may or may not be listening to them.

Reply #5
I'm sure some people have been put off.  But since no one seemed to care even in the slightest that their government has been spying on them since 9/11, I think we can be pretty sure that no one cares that their Echo may or may not be listening to them.
Fair point. And perhaps the gap between gov and Echo ain't that big either.  ;)

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #6
Hello !

I want to play Foobar2000 from my computer to Alexa Echo Dot...
It is possible... ? Or not ?

Thanks