Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMP Tag Plus - MPEG4, Vorbis and FLAC metadata support for WMP (Read 432417 times) previous topic - next topic
Tim De Baets and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: WMP Tag Plus - MPEG4, Vorbis and FLAC metadata support for WMP

Reply #800
Yes, I'm already aware of this. The same issue also happens on the latest preview builds of Windows 10. I'm planning to release a new beta version soon that will definitely fix this on Windows 10. I'm hoping that it will also help on Windows 11 but I can't be 100% sure since I haven't been able to install the Windows 11 preview yet.

Reply #801
WMP Tag Plus works fine on my build of Windows 10 21H1 except that, AC/DC show as AC and 10,000 Maniacs shows as 10 but only when playing MP3's. Flac's are fine. Can't be sure if this did this in a previous build? I can confirm it doesn't work in Windows 11. Get a component missing error when opening WMP. And Thank You for your continued support of WMP Tag Plus.

Reply #802
AC/DC show as AC
"/" is a separator in the ID3 standard up to 2.3 (I mean, seriously ... but so it was.)
Several taggers work around it, but you cannot expect it to work everywhere.

High Voltage socket-nose-avatar

Reply #803
OK. Here is what I was able to find out with regards to Windows 11 WMP. The tagging is a little bit better. There is still problems with artists like 10,000 Maniacs and AC/DC if they are Flac. Just add 10,000 Maniacs and/or AC/DC to the Album Artist tag. This allows artists to show correctly in WMP. Also with AC/DC in MP3 files. Use ID2v2.4. This allows MP3's with AC/DC to display correctly in WMP & WMC. I imagine the same would apply to other artists but these are the only 2 I came across. I know WMP Tag Plus performs other functions and has been a great help... Thank You! But maybe finally, WMP performs the way it should have all along, with a little tweaking.

Reply #804
Announcement: a first beta version of WMP Tag Plus 2.12 is now available for download here. This fixes the "One of the core components of WMP Tag Plus is missing or failed to load properly" error message at WMP startup on the Windows 11 preview, as well as on more recent Windows 10 preview builds.

As this is a beta version, it's possible that it still contains some bugs. Please let me know if you encounter any problems, so I can fix them for the final release. Thanks!

Reply #805
I just tried 2.12 on Windows 11 latest beta release and it's working thanks.

Reply #806
That's good to hear, thanks for giving it a try!

Reply #807
Hello Tim,

I have recently installed a Windows 11 preview.  WMP Tag Plus is not functioning. When WMP starts up, i get the following error:

---------------------------
WMP Tag Plus
One of the core components of WMP Tag Plus is missing or failed to load properly.

Please try reinstalling WMP Tag Plus or contact the author if the problem persists.
OK  

I tried reinstalling it as suggested, but no joy.  So now I get to tell the author about it instead.

LuDean

Reply #808
Ok. I just downloaded the beta. WMP Tag Plus started up without issues.  I have yet to actually edit a tag because I have to move my music collection to the new OS. I'll get back to you if I have any issues.

Reply #809
Link for new beta version not working for me?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021