Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Low latency wifi audio-casting/streaming for Windows/Phone/Android (Read 2306 times) previous topic - next topic

Low latency wifi audio-casting/streaming for Windows/Phone/Android

My little is practising drums to a song which I'd like to hear too to monitor the performance, but playing it via speakers might be too much for the neighbours, so two sets of synchronised headphones would be ideal. At home there are Windows Phones, Windows laptops/desktops, and Androids. I tried SoundWire but latency is too much via wifi (even at 8k buffer no matter the compression settings).
What else would you suggest?

Re: Low latency wifi audio-casting/streaming for Windows/Phone/Android

Reply #1
A simple thing of delay compensation (introducing predefined delay at transmitter) would do the job...

Reply #3
I was hoping it's possible without costs. Still I would need something with 2 jacks or low latency casting/streaming.

Reply #5
Thanks zeremy - it's PERFECT!