Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Gaps in playback since at least Version 1.4 (Read 699 times) previous topic - next topic

Gaps in playback since at least Version 1.4

I am using foobar2000 since many years ago. Since Version 1.4, at least, a problem developed. When I start playing a .mp3 recording, after a few seconds (about 20-30 seconds) the music stops for 2 or 3 seconds, and then it restarts. Usually, this is the only time this occurs, until the end of the record, but sometimes the gap reappears. If I stop play and start a new track, the problem may develop again. I tried Version 1.4.1 beta 2 without success. I don't know if this problem develops in other circumstances. My environment: HP Laptop, 4GB RAM, 1600 MHz stock core speed 80 Mhz Bus Speed, Intel Celeron CPU N3060 @ 1.60GHz, Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit. Music files located in an 1 TB external Toshiba Hard Disk. Defender antivirus and MalwareBytes don't find any trouble.
I will thank anyone who can provide a solution to this problem.
ricardo.forno@gmail.com

Re: Gaps in playback since at least Version 1.4

Reply #1
Nothing reported on the console when it happens? Have you tried with a clean portable install to rule out any additional components or setting changes?