Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta (Read 67651 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #125
foobar 0.9.3.3 is out

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #126
Great, all bugs which I know of have been fixed (various crashes on w2k).

I like the new appearance of the file properties tech page, but I think a) a filename only field is missing (because of clipping of long paths) and b) there's enough horizontal room to show anything, the user tags AND the tech info on one page.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #127
Would it be possible to make columns (in file-properties dialog) auto-resizable, so they would auto-fit to window's width?

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #129
I'd like to voice an apparently unusual opinion: I prefer tech-info and tags to be on seperate tabs - makes things more clear. I rarely need both simultaneusly - either i'm interested in tags-only, or i'm interested in techinfo only. As it is now, i can easily focuss on one of the two without being distracted by irrelevant info.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #130
As it is now, i can easily focuss on one of the two without being distracted by irrelevant info.

Yes that's OK. Only it takes an extra mouse click to get to the techinfo, each time you want just to look at it.
I'm still hoping for an extra keyboard shortcut to get to the properties in one go

edit (Yeah, sorry I already said that in this thread)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #131
I think, tech info could e.g. reside on the left, like a left frame, with rather a darker background which would indicate there is nothing to edit. The tags reside to the right.

More interesting is, if there are plans to integrate the masstagger into the properties window? The first step (e.g. auto tracknumber) has been done...

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #132
More interesting is, if there are plans to integrate the masstagger into the properties window? The first step (e.g. auto tracknumber) has been done...

Truthfully, I think the plan is to eventually eliminate the need for the separate masstager and eventually shed it from the installation.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #133
I'm quite happy with the tabbed solution, too. I mean, could you name any common situations where one would have to look at technical information while editing tags, except maybe for the filename?

More interesting is, if there are plans to integrate the masstagger into the properties window?

I've asked the same some days ago:

<Neptune> are you planning to integrate other masstagger functions into the properties dialog?
<DEATH> not for 0.9.3
<DEATH> maybe later

jarsonic: I'm hoping for the same.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #134
Could a mod please update the thread's topic to "... beta 3 or ... beta X"?
Thanks!

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #135
Why Foobar 0.9.3 Beta 3 can't change WMA tags ? (Could not write info (WMA tag editing not supported) to:
"D:\XXX\track 01.wma")
WMA is unprotected and other programs can change tags... This is bug of Foobar2000 or it doesn't support WMA tags ?

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #136
You wrote:

"WMA tag editing not supported"

Does that not say it all?

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #137
Thanks    I haven't noticed it

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #138
Can there be an option to have ReplayGain apply when a file is added to the playlist?

I think that this would be a great feature, but of course, you'd have to be able to cancel it if you add thousands of files.  As long as it doesn't get in the way of the interface, which it shouldn't, now.

I am curious to see if the problem with playing back sub-48 kb/s AAC files has been fixed.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #139
I've got a couple of cuesheet-related requests:

1) If I've got a flac with embedded cuesheet, I can only edit the cuesheet by selecting a single track then "utils>edit cuesheet".  It would be good if I could select all tracks from that flac and then do the same (option to edit cuesheet is not there if I try this).

2) In the Embedded Cuesheet Editor there is a "Load..." button, it would be useful and neat to have also a "Save..." button next to this. This would be an easier way to extract a cuesheet than copying and pasting to notepad.

Would anyone else find these things useful?

Ed

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #140
Yes that's OK. Only it takes an extra mouse click to get to the techinfo, each time you want just to look at it.
I'm still hoping for an extra keyboard shortcut to get to the properties in one go edit (Yeah, sorry I already said that in this thread)
Just hold down "Shift" while clicking "Properties" on the context menu and you will go directly to the Properties pane rather than the Metadata pane, and not require any extra mouse clicks.

I am curious to see if the problem with playing back sub-48 kb/s AAC files has been fixed.
It has, at least with my testing with 30kbps Nero AAC files.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #141
Good to hear that the AAC problems have been resolved... or so it seems.

I've got a couple of cuesheet-related requests:

I too have some cuesheet related requests.  In the old foobar 8.3 days, I used to use WigBam's extended cuesheet handler so that I could put arbitrary metadata like genre and BPM and year in for each individual track.  Curiously, foobar 0.9 seems to be able to read the genre and year from these files now, (but not the BPM).  However, they behave weirdly.  If I try to edit any aspect of the tags, it breaks them and they seem to lose a lot of their metadata.  I'm not really sure why this behaviour happens.  Is it possible that foobar could be made to work with such extended cuesheets more elegantly?

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #142
foobar2000 currently only seems to support the "extended" (defined via REM) fields that EAC uses, i.e. GENRE, DATE, COMMENT, and no others. I second the request for full metadata support (i.e. support for more common tags like DISCNUMBER and also for other arbitrary tags).

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #143
I'm still hoping for an extra keyboard shortcut to get to the properties in one go
Just hold down "Shift" while clicking "Properties" on the context menu and you will go directly to the Properties pane rather than the Metadata pane, and not require any extra mouse clicks.

Thanks for revealing the (hidden) shift-click Properties.  Hate to say it still takes 2 mouse clicks more than an assignable key board shortcut
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #144
I just wanna thanks the developers for a great app. This release is great! Finally a button for re-scanning one folder. 

And the new properties window is better, looks neater.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #145
foobar2000 currently only seems to support the "extended" (defined via REM) fields that EAC uses, i.e. GENRE, DATE, COMMENT, and no others. I second the request for full metadata support (i.e. support for more common tags like DISCNUMBER and also for other arbitrary tags).

This has been discussed hundreds of times already. What you want is not a cuesheet, but instead APL. Cuesheets dont support what you want to do. Use APL instead.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #146
"Cuesheets dont support what you want to do."

So, they do not support REM statements?

I don't see what the problem would be in using REM as a generic metadata holder.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #148
I remember that when i was trying a 0.9  that when i was tagging a bootleg for example which wasnt recognized by freedb so i had to type tracks manually,it was missing save-next button which would automatically save the info-track name and automatically open next track info properties.IIRC you had to to click update first to update the file and next to scroll on next track.
Has that been fixed till now or is it any plans to update it so it can handle this mentioned thing

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #149
anyone got a change log for 0.9.3.4 ? i love seeing the new versions but I really have no idea of what has been changed or fixed so its very hard to judge or test the features...

any ideas appreciated..