Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: GPL DTS decoding library (Read 3636 times) previous topic - next topic

GPL DTS decoding library

Just in case anyone has missed this http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70657 it is released as part of the videolan project here is the home page for DTSDEC http://www.videolan.org/dtsdec.html wouldn't it be nice to have a nice command line decoder, directshow filter, and a plugins for foobar and winamp .  Then we wouldn't have to use the dumb windvd directshow filters to decode dts anymore.

GPL DTS decoding library

Reply #1
Does it support any DTS extras like ES, ES-discrete, or 96/24?
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

GPL DTS decoding library

Reply #2
says it doesn't support extra channels (i.e. that ES stuff extras) and no 96/192kHz
The Plan Within Plans

GPL DTS decoding library

Reply #3
says it doesn't support extra channels (i.e. that ES stuff extras) and no 96/192kHz

Thanks.
None of the extensions (extra channels, 96/192kHz sample rates) have been implemented (and unfortunately the public standard provides only minimal information on them).

Looks like the extras may never be implemented. Still, an open-source DTS decoder is good news.
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

GPL DTS decoding library

Reply #4
I have it playing a DTS track off of one of my movies right now in command line, sweet .  I cannot get the standalone command line decoder just to give me a 6 channel wav file though in the coding order.  Pretty cool anyway though .

GPL DTS decoding library

Reply #5
Pretty cool anyway though

You got that right! I've been waiting for this for some time