Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo scheduler failed (Read 1325 times) previous topic - next topic

foo scheduler failed

Hi,

I have recently got the foo scheduler and thought I will try this out this morning as an alarm.

I set everything up, I wanted my computer to wake up from hibernation and play a playlist. However in the morning nothing happened. When I started my laptop up it played the playlist right away automatically.

Am I doing anything wrong? I will try to set my laptop to sleep mode tonight. I have intuition that that will work. But I prefer hibernate.

Any ideas?

foo scheduler failed

Reply #1
It works fine for me. Unfortunately, you didn't elaborate on what steps you took so it's somewhat difficult to tell you how/where you failed.

foo scheduler failed

Reply #2
To create the task I simply created an action to start playback. Then I created an event and set it to daily at 9.00 and ticked the box to wake up from hibernation/standby. Then I assigned the action to the event. I left foobar open together with the playlist I wanted to be played. I highlighted the songs (I don't know if that is necessary). Then I hibernated my laptop. I didn't close it in case it wouldn't play the music.

As I mention upon switching my laptop back on in the morning, the music just started playing. It's as if it knew it needed to play but was waiting for the laptop to wake up. Weird. That is why I think stand by is going to work.