Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature Request: Android Auto Support (Read 4952 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature Request: Android Auto Support

It would be great to be able to use Foobar2000 in Android Auto.

Many thanks for your work over the years. Much appreciated.

Re: Feature Request: Android Auto Support

Reply #1

And do it without test hardware?

Reply #4
Would love to see Android Auto support added! For now I'm using AIMP but I plan to switch to Foobar as soon as it is available since AIMP mobile doesn't support DLNA servers to my knowledge.

Reply #6
Would like to add my vote for this feature.

Finally got an auto with this feature and it's very annoying that my car plays some random podcast from Google podcasts (which I've never used in my life) instead of my sweet Foobar tunes...

FWIW it might be a partial win if you give the Android app the required permission/feature that will allow it to be set as the "Default music player app"?

Reply #7
+1 from me. Also now have a Android Auto capable car. Foobar2k works fine connected to Bluetooth but when using Android Auto I need to pick up the phone to start/pause/skip (illegal here so not a good idea).

Reply #8

If the car machine OS is Android ,Can be installed directly
I have been using it for over a year now.
OS need root first.

Reply #9
I am also interested in android auto support