Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestion] Make "open containin folder" possible when selecting more than one. (Read 1238 times) previous topic - next topic

[Suggestion] Make "open containin folder" possible when selecting more than one.

When I select an album and "open containing folder", Foobar opens the folder that I need but when I select various albums the option is greyed out. So I suggest that Foobar opens, if two albums (folders) selected, the two correspondent folders at once not having to selct one and then the other one.

I suggest it because when I need to open two folders from different artists it is annoying not having this option that I found it would be a time saver.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Re: [Suggestion] Make "open containin folder" possible when selecting more than one.

Reply #1
You ask then for an old foobar's behavior, present I think before v 1.0 or 1.1.

Currently the only way to revive it is to install foo_run ( http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_run ). It has predefined function for opening directories and it opens several folders at once when marked files come from different ones. Usage is not convenient - at least of of box. You need to do a rightclick on your files on playlist and then to go to "Run service -> Open Directory". But you can make it bit easier by adding your own keyboard shortcut to this function...