Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iTunesEncode (Read 143373 times) previous topic - next topic

iTunesEncode

Reply #25
i do use qaac but how it works is kind of a hack, iTunesEncode is just like encoding right from itunes but it saves me from converting to alac first.

This is nonsense.  What do you mean by "hack"?  Are you saying that iTunesEncode is less of a "hack" than qaac?
And what does alac have to do with either of them?

This is why i said hack, nu774 said this.
In Windows, SDK for QuickTime is provided by Apple. However, Apple Application Support is currently just an porting layer used internally by Apple products, and there's no SDK for developers or something.
Therefore, using CoreAudioToolbox from external program is at least some kind of hack, and I don't know if it is the right thing to do (Though qaac is exactly doing it).

Like i said there there was no real reason why i tried iTunesEncode, i do use qaac and sometimes i use qtaacenc.

iTunesEncode

Reply #26
you know yourself from that thread you've quoted that the files produced by QAAC are bit identical to the ones produced by itunes. your reasoning it totally beyond me. still, it is your personal choice and we can't argue with that.