Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Finding source files in the Media Library based on DAP tags  (Read 1024 times) previous topic - next topic

Finding source files in the Media Library based on DAP tags

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE POSTED IN THE GENERAL FOOBAR2000 FORUM  (IF A MOD CAN MOVE IT)

Hi all,

I'm sure there's an easy way to do this, but my brain isn't finding it.

I want to tag my source audio files in my fb2k media library with a tag that says DAP (indicating it's been processed and is active on my  fiio player).

So what I think I ought to be able to do is load up all the files from my DAP into a fb2k playlist and then say find the duplicate files based on tags in the fb2k media library. 

Any idea how I do this?

Any and all help much appreciated.

Cheers,
C.

PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Re: Finding source files in the Media Library based on DAP tags

Reply #1
I've downloaded the latest fb2k and have installed SQLite utilities.

I know nothing about SQL commands - but if someone could give me some code for running a duplicate check on my media library (I'll add the DAP files to a Media Library directory) and I think a simple Artist (%artist%) + Title (%title%) + Album (%album%) duplicate check would be sufficient.

C.

Reply #2
Something like this should work:
Code: [Select]
select a.path, a.artist, a.title, a.album
  from mediaLibrary a
         inner join
       (select artist, title, album
          from MediaLibrary
          group by artist, title, album
          having count(*)>1
       ) b on (    a.artist = b.artist
               and a.title = b.title
               and a.album = b.album)
  order by a.path

Sorry it's a bit rushed by I'm just off out, so if you need any more help/examples you should be able to find them here.

Replace 'select a.path, a.artist, a.title, a.album' with 'select a.*' to see all the tags you have available to you.

Reply #3
Excellent -- thanks.   I ended up doing it manually in the end as it wasn't a huge job and I was getting some strange results.   However, your script gives me more than enough to work with (I need to add a few more fields as my classical stuff is tagged in a non-orthodox way and throws up duplicates that are just by different performers). 

This will come in handy in the future -- so thanks !!! Really appreciate it.

Hopefully the mods can move this thread to a sensible home. (Maybe foobar2000 components)  ;)

C.