Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Remote control options from Win8 touch tablet (Read 4060 times) previous topic - next topic

Remote control options from Win8 touch tablet

Hi guys, I need your help to find a solution for a noob problem. I have foobar2000 with all my music installed on windows 7 starter computer, that is connected then to my dac+amplifier. I own a windows 8 tablet (normal version, not just RT) and im looking for an application (better touch optimized) that let me control foobar from my sofa. The application should let me see the library on my tablet because I will use it most of the time without tv turned on. There are plenty of solution for android and apple with nice graphic but I could not find anything for Win8 rt. I will be happy also to install another toolbar on my tablet and then use it as remote to playback the music on the server pc...but how to do it? Please help me, thanks

Reply #1
+1 on this question.
Guinness for strength!

Reply #2
+1

There is touchremote for windows phone but nothing similar for windows 8.

Reply #3
There is some hope - there's an App for Windows 8 which remotely controls media apps using DACP – rtRemote.

It works with MediaMonkey but I was not able to use it to control Foobar 2000.

There’s an open discussion about this topic here: http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10557

Reply #4
Have you tried to use the Remote Desktop option?

I have a similar setup than you and I am using Remote Desktop to take the control of my Windows 7 Music Server and Player from a remote notebook I keep runinng next to me.

Regards, Andrea

Reply #5
^you need windows 7 pro or ultimate for incoming remote desktop connections. the OP has windows 7 starter.

edit: just noticed the OP hasn't posted since january.

Reply #6

I have a similar setup than you and I am using Remote Desktop to take the control of my Windows 7 Music Server and Player from a remote notebook I keep runinng next to me.

Regards, Andrea

Remote desktop is not exactly the same thing as having a dedicated remote control app optimized for touch and Windows 8 "Immersive" design.

rtRemote is still the closest thing we have on Windows Store but it isn't pairing with foo remote DACP.

Reply #7

Regards, Andrea

Remote desktop is not exactly the same thing as having a dedicated remote control app optimized for touch and Windows 8 "Immersive" design.

rtRemote is still the closest thing we have on Windows Store but it isn't pairing with foo remote DACP.

Also using rdp, cranked up the font size to make it more finger friendly.

Reply #8
Get the foo_upnp plugin, get a dlna controller app