Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Job market for (real) golden ears about to collapse (Read 5744 times) previous topic - next topic

Job market for (real) golden ears about to collapse

Up to this day, purely measurement based tuning of pianos was no viable option on the concert stage. But the rise of the machines seems to be unstoppable. 

A very interesting read, check it out.

Reply #1
I doubt anyone will loose business over this, the mechanics of piano tuning is most likely an art in it self. We might get better sounding pianos though. Nice find!

Reply #2
agreed.
classic theory over practice.

Reply #3
Up to this day, purely measurement based tuning of pianos was no viable option on the concert stage. But the rise of the machines seems to be unstoppable. 

A very interesting read, check it out.

People who tune instruments professionally are generally also people the who repair them. I suspect that the percentage of musicians who play large instruments like pianos and organs will remain small simply because they aren't mechanics.

Reply #4
I wonder if electronic keyboards will eventually feature choices of stretch profile (tunings) to best match the key you're playing in or just preference.

Reply #5
I wonder if electronic keyboards will eventually feature choices of stretch profile (tunings) to best match the key you're playing in or just preference.

I have a Roland RD-100 (10+ years old) which has stretched tuning profiles